Why can't cats live forever.

ohnoaninfp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seriously I dont know how I am ever going to be the same with out the kitties. Even though they drive me crazy, I love them. I dont ever to lose them.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you new here if so Welcome to TCS
I always said it's to bad they just can't live as long as humans
But thats a part of life I guess. Its not fun to loose one it's very hard because they are apart of our Family, as of right now I have 8 of them, and it will brake my Heart every time I loose one I know. Anyhoo I hope you will like it here and if you get some time put some pictures of your Babies on we Love to see Pictures.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one ever wants to lose a loved one but death is a part of life and every living creature's journey in this life must end at some point in time. Knowing this doesn't make the loss any easier to accept when the time does come to say goodbye. Many of us here at TCS have lost a trusted and loved companion at some point. They are more than "just a pet", they are a member of our families, friends and are even thought of as "children".

It can be very difficult to bear when we lose one of our furbabies. Depending on the circumstances there can be overwhemling feelings of guilt and second guessing yourself if the cat died from illness or had to be put to sleep because of illness or injury. The best advice that I can offer to someone who loses their special friend would be to allow yourself to grieve. I missed a week of work when I had to put my Midnight to sleep after her kidneys finally failed her. I was distraught with grief. I cried my eyes out for days and would barely eat or sleep. I still cry. I would also talk about her to whoever would listen. I received a ton of support from my friends and family and also from internet support groups. One of the first things that I did after she went on was to to www.rainbowsbridge.com and I wrote out her story and a tribute to her. After a few days I slowly started to pull myself up and do the things that I needed to do to get my life back in order but it was hard.

One thing that has helped me to cope and still does is remembering all of the good and happy memories that she gave me and it was indeed an honor that she accepted me into her life. While they may be gone physically they will live forever in your heart and in your memories. I'm a believer that we will be reunited with them again someday to never be parted again.

Bryan

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

No one ever wants to lose a loved one but death is a part of life and every living creature's journey in this life must end at some point in time. Knowing this doesn't make the loss any easier to accept when the time does come to say goodbye. Many of us here at TCS have lost a trusted and loved companion at some point. They are more than "just a pet", they are a member of our families, friends and are even thought of as "children".

It can be very difficult to bear when we lose one of our furbabies. Depending on the circumstances there can be overwhemling feelings of guilt and second guessing yourself if the cat died from illness or had to be put to sleep because of illness or injury. The best advice that I can offer to someone who loses their special friend would be to allow yourself to grieve. I missed a week of work when I had to put my Midnight to sleep after her kidneys finally failed her. I was distraught with grief. I cried my eyes out for days and would barely eat or sleep. I still cry. I would also talk about her to whoever would listen. I received a ton of support from my friends and family and also from internet support groups. One of the first things that I did after she went on was to to www.rainbowsbridge.com and I wrote out her story and a tribute to her. After a few days I slowly started to pull myself up and do the things that I needed to do to get my life back in order but it was hard.

One thing that has helped me to cope and still does is remembering all of the good and happy memories that she gave me and it was indeed an honor that she accepted me into her life. While they may be gone physically they will live forever in your heart and in your memories. I'm a believer that we will be reunited with them again someday to never be parted again.

Bryan
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Beautiful post Bryan
I agree!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then they would just miss us too much when we die

I know its hard to think of inevitably losing out furbabies, I tear up just thinking about Trout not being around. Its just something best not thought about aso we don't upset ourselves