Another possible rescue

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hubby and I are meeting this girl this weekend. She has been in rescue for a very long time. We are hoping we can provide the right home for her

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh doesn't she look like a sweet girl? Look at that big smile.

I'm surprised she has been in rescue for a time, looking like she does (as we all know how often the beautiful ones are the first to find homes). I pray that she wasn't badly abused and now has all kinds of problems because of it. But if she was, and you are going to take her MA, she'll have the best life in the world from now on.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get her!!!!!! She looks like she will fit right in

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She does indeed look sweet, but here is her history that was pieced together. Found at 4 months in front of a rescuer's home tied to a fence. A note found around her neck said her name and just that she can't be kept anymore. Of course, the rescue took her.

She is very timid around strangers, apparently not aggressive, but real fear. Suspect she was chained her entire short life with previous owner, she gives off all indications of being abused as a puppy- I would also suspect that if you started toward her, she would immediately drop her head and belly low, lower her head and close those gorgeous eyes waiting for the remembered blows of her past.

She loves to run, but is not a runaway. The rescue volunteer has now had her at her home for two years working with her. She has been to adoption days, but people terrify her.

This is what happens when people do not do right with the animals they take into their care. The one post, the husky being beaten by a stick? This is what lies in his future unless his owner wises up. Everything we do with our animals has a ripple effect on them. You can't always see it right away, but you will see it eventually-

If we can help her, we will. In cases of abused dogs, you tread carefully. You have to, or you create more damage in the long run.

MA

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
she looks like a doll.. though I may be predjudice

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous!!
I love black dogs.
good luck.. I hope she fits into your family!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA - I pray that you and Mike can bring this beautiful girl back to what I'm sure she was meant to be - a loving, giving, joyful animal. My thoughts, prayers and yes, healing vibes go out to you and this special dog.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

She does indeed look sweet, but here is her history that was pieced together. Found at 4 months in front of a rescuer's home tied to a fence. A note found around her neck said her name and just that she can't be kept anymore. Of course, the rescue took her.

She is very timid around strangers, apparently not aggressive, but real fear. Suspect she was chained her entire short life with previous owner, she gives off all indications of being abused as a puppy- I would also suspect that if you started toward her, she would immediately drop her head and belly low, lower her head and close those gorgeous eyes waiting for the remembered blows of her past.

She loves to run, but is not a runaway. The rescue volunteer has now had her at her home for two years working with her. She has been to adoption days, but people terrify her.

This is what happens when people do not do right with the animals they take into their care. The one post, the husky being beaten by a stick? This is what lies in his future unless his owner wises up. Everything we do with our animals has a ripple effect on them. You can't always see it right away, but you will see it eventually-

If we can help her, we will. In cases of abused dogs, you tread carefully. You have to, or you create more damage in the long run.

MA
She is a beautiful dog and I do hope that you get her.

She sounds (and she looks like) the dog that my daughter DesirÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e found at her school. Her name is Belle and she acted the same way, she is way better now at my daughters, but when they first took her Belle was terrified of men. DesirÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e's husband couldn't even wear a baseball cap around her, she was just terrified, and she would also go to the ground and just act scared to death. When DesirÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]e and Josh got her, we just gave her extra special attention and loving, and now Belle seems to love us and wants to be around us.

Please get this dog and give her the love and attention she needs.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a very sad start to a beautiful life. There is such cruelty in this world. I hope everything works out that she is able to come with you, MA. Its good to know that she has had someone working with her for 2 years, too.

I have a dog that came from a neighbor who kept him outside his entire life, 5 years, through rain, cold weather, storms. He is a Bichon Frisse and he would always look down, when we approached and if we moved swiftly, he would flinch.

We have had him almost 2 years now and he's a happy, loving, kind and loyal dog. He lives inside now and has many people around him, who dote on him, daily. Its truly amazing how far love and care can go in helping these animals from abuse.

She has such kind eyes, I hope she gets her forever home, filled with love, very soon.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful face and expression she has. I hope you feel it's a good fit, you would give her such a wonderful home.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, good luck - this poor little thing needs wonderful people to give her the life she deserves.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope that she fits into you home MA. The poor girl deserves to live out the rest of her life with someone who will be good to her-and you & Mike are those people.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful!

I hope it works out - it would be wonderful for her to go to someone as experienced and compassionate as you are.

I know you're very knowledgeable about dogs, but I want to share this list with you if you haven't already seen it - it was very helpful to me in learning how to handle my dog's fear issues:
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/shy-k9s/

The articles and book suggestions in the 'files' section are great, and the group is very supportive. It really helped me to read how others were dealing with some of the same frustrating fear issues, and I received some great suggestions from the group for dealing with some difficult situations.

The http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Click_To_Calm_List/ group might be good too - I'm not a member, but the book was very helpful, so perhaps the list might be also?

Hopefully with time, love, prayer, and some hard work, she'll come around.

Best Wishes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have her here now on a 30 day trial. She is a bit apprehensive with us, and with Lei, but calm as toast with all the cats and kittens. I got snapped at, but it was entirely my fault. She was wrapped around the leash, and when I went to free her, I came to her front and knelt down. I was to close to her space and she was already nervous. When I went to pick up the leash, she snapped. If she wanted to get me, she would have. It was my warning that I was in her personal space. I should have approached her from her side, touched her quietly first and talked to her before trying to untangle her.

She has lived for 4 years in a concrete kennel with a warm large room for shelter. The kennel has piped in music, heat and air and running water, but as the rescuer told me, it isn't really a home.

Think good thoughts that we can make our way with Chloe and add her to the family. I will know more in about 21 days, that is how long it takes a dog to settle down into a home and feel comfortable-