page loading

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone having slow page loading? I have to keep hitting reload it's really slow.
I checked my computer and it only seems to be here that it does this.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm glad I'm not alone. Usually the page loads normally, but every so often it won't load at all and I get a message from Fire Fox stating that the server is taking too long to respond. I go back to the original page and try again and it will usually load. Sometimes it still won't load. This has only been the past week or so.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jean44

Yes, I'm glad I'm not alone. Usually the page loads normally, but every so often it won't load at all and I get a message from Fire Fox stating that the server is taking too long to respond. I go back to the original page and try again and it will usually load. Sometimes it still won't load. This has only been the past week or so.
same here, and it is only on TCS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont have foxfire but is still very slow loading and sometimes I have to hit the back button because it doesn't even bring up the page. I have DSL to

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are you using IE 7.0?

I have it loaded on a computer here at work (and use sometimes to check out TCS). However I noticed that the first 10 minutes after opening IE 7, its just slow in general. I think there are a bunch of system files that are still loading during this time.

Once I've had it open for 10-15 minutes its fine after that.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah mine is horrible sometimes 30 seconds and then I just say forget it I don't know what it could be I have cleaned out everything, It doesn't need to be defragged nothing ..Its so irritating

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank-you for posting this.........I´m having the same issues too ! Keep getting the message that the site is taking too long to respond ! YAK drive me nuts !!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I went back to where I keep my favorites and dumped lots of them and I did TCS to the put it back in it's woring like gang busters now WOW who knew
Well its better anyway I'm thinkng it has to go to that link when I click on it and its been there a long time

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by *LuLu*

That always happens to me. But it only seems to be on here (TCS)

Its not like that on the other forums I go on
The moderators on this wonderful site have suggested this is due to "spamming" of ultra short messages for the sole purpose of upping their counts. I believe them and I also believe that this will be worked out in the future. Is it just coincidence this has became worse since the point system was installed?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Is it just coincidence this has became worse since the point system was installed?
Probably not. I've noticed a lot more activity since the system was introduced. Since that was one of the purposes of introducing it, I can't complain, and also think it will taper off once the novelty wears off, and people run out of room for their gifts and ribbons.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having that same problem, I just wrote to Anne about it. Sometimes the screen just goes white and I can't answer to replies. I finally found out I am not the only one and no I do not have this problem elsewhere. For me, this just started about 3 days ago, I hope this can be corrected.