Timberwolf Organic for cats

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here feed this to their cats? If so how do they like it and do they do good on it?

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The food is very good ingredient-wise. My guys didn't seem to care for it too awful much though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the ingrediants are good ... my dog is trying one of there dry s and well see ... her vet approved it

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo wouldn't even look at it. Fortunately I was able to bring the bag back to the store and exchange it for California Natural, which she WOULD eat.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I believe TO is a very good premium food. I dont feed it but I know alot of people who do and have had good results.

Customer Service is very crappy though, and packaging/quality control is bad.

Some people have had problems with bags, different foods in different bags, bags without expirations, formula changes, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Ping does not like the WellNess samples I may give this a try...I am being to think either he is very finicky with dry feed or he just does not like dry. He will be fine with a food then just stop wanting it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

If Ping does not like the WellNess samples I may give this a try...I am being to think either he is very finicky with dry feed or he just does not like dry. He will be fine with a food then just stop wanting it.
Sounds like you have a Jamie or a Kandie two on here that love a rotational diet

find three or four Ping likes and use one bag then a different food and see how it works:_)

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sharky for the advice. If and when I find a few different ones he likes I will try that. Do you think its because they get tired of the same tasting food day in and day out? Maybe I should try different flavors. As is all I ever buy is chicken because I thought fish flavored was bad.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks Sharky for the advice. If and when I find a few different ones he likes I will try that. Do you think its because they get tired of the same tasting food day in and day out? Maybe I should try different flavors. As is all I ever buy is chicken because I thought fish flavored was bad.
Make sure the base of different flavors is the same or similiar till you know how Pings tummy is... if chicken is first and you want salmon make sure the salmon has chicken first .. Nutro is an wasy example .. the max flavors are interchangable at any time ... the main ingrediants are the same but the flavors are different ... Fish is NOT bad but it can BE BAD for certian cats( UTI or crystal prone cats should avoid)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

I know Jamie gets tired of the same food day in and day out. He'll eat the same brand, if it's a different flavor, more than twice a week, but he really seems to crave variety. Most of the dry "fish" flavored actually is poultry-based, as Jennifer said. I generally buy smallish (5 or 6 lbs.) bags, which I store in Tupperware/Rubbermaid containers, and have three varieties open at any one time. Either that, or I buy a huge bag, and repackage it for friends/neighbors/colleagues whose cats also like a variety, or give part of it to the local shelter. Jamie gets canned (also a very wide variety) in the evening.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Gizmo wouldn't even look at it.
Same here with Loki as well as my mothers 2 cats. Great ingredience but non of them liked it - IT IS VERY VERY BLAND !!!! I use Life's Abundance and my mother California Natural Chicken & Rice

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank You everyone for the advice. I see I still have many great options avaliable to me at this point. Its just a matter of finding what he likes at rotate those. Thank you so much.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

I believe TO is a very good premium food. I dont feed it but I know alot of people who do and have had good results.

Customer Service is very crappy though, and packaging/quality control is bad.

Some people have had problems with bags, different foods in different bags, bags without expirations, formula changes, etc.
I just read on a thread tthat the kibble is small round bits. The bag I bought was rather large square chunks.

Now this post has me wondering if I even got the right food. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Oh well... I've gone to Nutro Max Cat anyway.