Gracie has added another odd Behavior

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie has always been an odd little cat.
She does things that no other cat I've ever had has done.

She eats her food out of her paw...which I found out from another post on here tonight isn't as odd as I thought it was.

She LOVES the smell and taste of anything citrus.
I had to stop using orange scented furniture polish because everytime I dusted she'd be right behind me licking the furniture.

She loves to play with those ring thingys that come off of milk bottles, that in itself isn't odd, she plays fetch with them just like a dog...that's not really that odd either.
But, she stacks them over the drain in the bathtub.
She does this perfectly one on top of the other and no matter how many rings there are laying around she only stacks 6 at a time, never more, never less always 6.
You can take them out of the shower and scatter them all over the house and she will go and find 6 of them and stack them right over the drain in the shower everytime.

Tonight she started something new, she has decided that she now has to lick the inside of the Yankee candle jar lid.
It's Vanilla scented.
That's the only scent I've ever used and she's never done this before.
She jumped up on the coffee table and started to lick the inside of the lid.
My Husband turned the lid upside down but that didn't stop her, she just pushed the lid onto the floor and played with it until she turned it over and started to lick it again.
I finally had to blow out the candle and put the lid back on it.
She's now sitting on the coffee table staring a hole through the candle.

I guess there has to be an oddball in every family

longhornchick29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh, that is the funniest thing I have ever read!! You should totally post pics of the stacked milk ring things...I really want to see that!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Gracie has always been an odd little cat.
She does things that no other cat I've ever had has done.

She eats her food out of her paw...
which I found out from another post on here tonight isn't as odd as I thought it was.
She LOVES the smell and taste of anything citrus.
I had to stop using orange scented furniture polish because everytime I dusted she'd be right behind me licking the furniture.

She loves to play with those ring thingys that come off of milk bottles, that in itself isn't odd, she plays fetch with them just like a dog...that's not really that odd either.
She does this perfectly one on top of the other and no matter how many rings there are laying around she only stacks 6 at a time, never more, never less always 6.
You can take them out of the shower and scatter them all over the house and she will go and find 6 of them and stack them right over the drain in the shower everytime.

Tonight she started something new, she has decided that she now has to lick the inside of the Yankee candle jar lid.
It's Vanilla scented.
That's the only scent I've ever used and she's never done this before.
She jumped up on the coffee table and started to lick the inside of the lid.
My Husband turned the lid upside down but that didn't stop her, she just pushed the lid onto the floor and played with it until she turned it over and started to lick it again.
I finally had to blow out the candle and put the lid back on it.
She's now sitting on the coffee table staring a hole through the candle.

I guess there has to be an oddball in every family
If you keep reading this Behavior forum long enough, you will see there is nothing odd about your cat whatsoever, that is why I love this forum so much. I used to think I had a very odd cat until I regularly started reading this forum and now am relieved to know I have a perfectly normal cat. What is so much fun is to read all of the things that people think are "odd" which turn out not to be odd at all.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

That is so funny!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is such a little sweetheart, but she sure does some very strange things!
Oh well, that's part of why I love her so much.
I love all four of them, but she's by far my favorite.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know all cats are weird in their own ways, but I think those named Gracie are especially strange.
I've got one myself.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you may be right, it must be in the name.
When I was a little girl the lady that lived next door was named Grace and she was a bit strange too!

lorina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I know all cats are weird in their own ways, but I think those named Gracie are especially strange.
I've got one myself.

But I think my Gypsy is a little weirder. She likes to put things on top of other things, just to knock them down. For instance, she'll put a toy or milk tab on top of her scratching post, sit down, then stand back up and wack it down. Lather, rinse, repeat.

She also enjoys dumping bowls of water, so we can only use very large, very heavy water bowls, and for fun, fill a small bowl in the bathtub for her to play with.

She has a two foot long stuffed green furry snake she carries around like a baby.

And she "attacks" the mailman. She waits for him, running from the side window to the front window to look for him when it's almost time, and will pounce at the window as soon as he delivers the mail. Sometimes he taps at the glass and plays with her. She actually acts depressed on holidays and sundays when there's no mail.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

But she can count? To six? That's scary odd! If she starts adding and subtracting-RUN!
Oh believe me, I will

I think the reason it's six is because that's probably all she can stack without them falling over, if they fall over she stacks them back up.
That would explain why it's never more than six but why it's never less?
That's anyones guess

I have OCD, maybe Gracie does too!!