Capital One

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here have a capital one credit card? How long does it take for your payments to go through normally? I made a payment last Friday and it still hasn't gone through. I don't know if that is normal or not. My other credit card was a bank one, so it was much easier to pay.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Does anyone here have a capital one credit card? How long does it take for your payments to go through normally? I made a payment last Friday and it still hasn't gone through. I don't know if that is normal or not. My other credit card was a bank one, so it was much easier to pay.
I'd call them if you get a chance, but I used to work for a credit card company so I'll give you a brief explanation of what happened. It takes 2 business days for a payment to a credit card to go through. Friday was the last working day of 2006, Monday was New Years day so no banks were working, Tuesday was President Ford's Funeral so no banks were working. Your payment should go through sometime today or tomorrow.

EDIT: I just realized you are in Canada so strike the President Ford's Funeral comment. Your payment should go through today. I'd call them anyway just to see if there was a payment issue with your card.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks. My old credit card was a bank one, so all I had to do was go to the machine and deposit money on it. I am just trying to buy something off ebay and its bothering me that the payment hasn't gone through. I will probably give them a call later.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Capital One can be really slow, we had one at work and sometimes it would take upto a week for payments to go through (and as said above, yesterday was the first 'working day' since Friday so it will be slower)

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depending upon the time of day, my Capital One payments post same or next business day.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Depending upon the time of day, my Capital One payments post same or next business day.
That's how mine work as well. If done before 3:00 EST, it posts that day, if after then it posts the next business day.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one, and had it added to my list of payments that I can make at the bank machine, so it's usually pretty quick. I'm in Ontario too!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I paid it online, would that make it slower? It finally went through tonight. Yay!

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mine always goes through like they say..before 3....that night...after 3, next day.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your help. I found out that it can take up to 5 business days for it to go through. I guess Capital One Canada is pretty slow