kali is acting weird

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been posting but i just want someones opinion My cat is goin to be havin babies soon but just about 10 minutes ago she was meowin to get into my dresser. I let her in and she is diggin and staring is she closer then what i think?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL... Well, some cats start nesting some time before the actual delivery, but it is a sign that she's getting close.

It could just be her smelling something interesting in there, or wanting a comfy spot for herself, though.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is possible! I would put down some boxes with towels (put them into pillow cases so claws don't catch) in a few places so she has a chance to choose what she would like. But nesting behaviour can start two or three weeks before she gives birth.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't really add to the replies, she could just be nesting, which they can do a couple weeks before. Or she could be getting ready, I think (from your other post) she is getting close. I was wondering about the excessive grooming would be due to her loosing her mucus plug, I still think she could very well be within 48 hrs. Watch her belly for little ripples (like the muscles on a horse) or if she starts panting or going to her litter box, ect.
I am not sure it will be real soon, it may not be toay, it could be like tomorrow evening or night, if she is getting ready. I don't know your cat, but I always know when Icey is ready, I can usually tell that day by the way she acts, she will also come and get me when she is ready for me to go to her birthing place to have them, and will meow at me and pace until I go with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kali is gettin a lil more vocal in about the last 15 minutes and digging in her box so maybe tonight.... please...lol send prayers thanks

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with your cat and her kittens. Remember to have a vet's number handy in case of emergencies (and extra cash!) and be sure to keep her inside and away from intact males until she can get spayed so this doesn't have to happen to her again!

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dont worry i already have all of that taken care of....I am ahead of everyone with the spay thing.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cupcake1234516

Dont worry i already have all of that taken care of....I am ahead of everyone with the spay thing.
You have already made the appointment for her to be spayed havent you? For march/april, right? I am sure you will make sure she doesn't get out again, or miss your appointment
I think it was a good idea that you have already made it for her!

I would definately make sure to have any vets and emergency vets numbers handy as jen suggested! It can very quickly become a bad situation with a c-section needed, ect. ( not to try to scare you, I am sure she will be fine and have a smoothe delivery. But any thing can happen! I won't get into great detail and bore every one with my last delivery from a thread I had for my queen. But, she had two litters that were easy and FAST, she is an old pro. her last litter was AWEFUL for me. She had one kitten born dead at 10pm 4/4/06 she was little, hairless and premeture. I figured that is how they all were. But nothing happened AT ALL. Her labor stopped. I was able to hold out to the morning to bring her to her regular vet. She had stopped labor and was fine. Long story short, she had the last 5 kittens 33 hrs or so later, (on 4/6/06) all healthy, although 1 more did die for no apperent reason (nothing I could see) but the 4 are happy, healthy, and VERY loved (one even is ith a member here) So I was lucky (except for a couple hundred in vet visits, exrays, ect that I had not planned on, it could have been a lot worsem if she needed a c-section it would have cost a lot more. So just be prepared, don't be scare or nervious, or any thing, just know how to handle some thing and know that some thing could happen. Whensome thing like this happens it's hard to get your thoughts together so it's good to have all the numbers you need handy.
(sorry it is long, but my accual thread was like 10 pages, LOL! so I tried to give you a short version. You would miss Kali's labor if you had to read my long version of it

Think she is going to hold out til the 5th

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting. When Elsa had her kittens she didn't go off her food, or nest or meow or ANYTHING, LOL. Of course she had only lived with us for 3 weeks. I can't wait...let us know!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

How exciting. When Elsa had her kittens she didn't go off her food, or nest or meow or ANYTHING, LOL. Of course she had only lived with us for 3 weeks. I can't wait...let us know!
Do you know if it was her first litter? Mabey she didn't know what was going on and still ate, and mabey she forgot to nest

All cats are different though, they will do things and others won't. For the most part it is a guide to look for. Miss Ice stops eatting, she won't even eat treats (if she is real close or she will eat them
) She did nest some, and now she has a birthing cage, she does a little nesting in it. she acually prefers being in it too. She likes her cage, the weirdo, I leave it set up in case I put a cat in, and I leave the door open, that is where she can be found most times, right in a cage sleeping, with the door open.

I had to go see where she was, I was surprised to see her on the cat tree, and not in her cage.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Do you know if it was her first litter? Mabey she didn't know what was going on and still ate, and mabey she forgot to nest

All cats are different though, they will do things and others won't. For the most part it is a guide to look for. Miss Ice stops eatting, she won't even eat treats (if she is real close or she will eat them
) She did nest some, and now she has a birthing cage, she does a little nesting in it. she acually prefers being in it too. She likes her cage, the weirdo, I leave it set up in case I put a cat in, and I leave the door open, that is where she can be found most times, right in a cage sleeping, with the door open.

I had to go see where she was, I was surprised to see her on the cat tree, and not in her cage.
The vet thought it was not her first litter. He thought she was 1 1/2 to 2 years at the time, and being feral - could have been many many litters. She was REALLY skinny when I found her, could have been from having a lot of kittens. She was more like, "calm" when I brought her home. She just plopped in the middle of the floor like, "finally, sheesh!" But then it took 3 more weeks to have the kittens and she literally couldn't lie on her side anymore. She had to lie on her back. And I woke up at 4 in the morning to little kitten meows! She had them in a spare bedroom underneath a chest where the dog couldn't get to her!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

The vet thought it was not her first litter. He thought she was 1 1/2 to 2 years at the time, and being feral - could have been many many litters. She was REALLY skinny when I found her, could have been from having a lot of kittens. She was more like, "calm" when I brought her home. She just plopped in the middle of the floor like, "finally, sheesh!" But then it took 3 more weeks to have the kittens and she literally couldn't lie on her side anymore. She had to lie on her back. And I woke up at 4 in the morning to little kitten meows! She had them in a spare bedroom underneath a chest where the dog couldn't get to her!
poor thing, I hadn't found this site yet when you had her and the litter. It was a while after that so I wasn't sure of her age, ect. I didn't know a lot of the story behind her.
I haven't missed Icey's births, she comes and gets me, LOL! When she went back into labor in her last litter, she did have that first one when I was sleeping. I was waiting for the vets office to open to have her induced. So I did get to wake up to the happiest sound in the wolrd, her baby crying, I wasn't sure they would still be alive. I never jumped out of bed so fast in my life! I got to be with her for the last 4.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These stories make make me want her to hurry up....I am so excited i cant handle it...lol She has been really grooming her vulva all day so i hope it is soon or i am just wanting it to be soon something like that...She is a lil more vocal tonight so i will be on for awhile if anything happens i'll let you ladies know but i doubt it lol

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting excited too! I have been lurking around the thraed to see if there are any updates.

From what you say, she does sound pretty close.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah i think she is gettin close but not close enough...lol it feels like it has been 5 months and it has only been about i want to say 61 days.so soon very soon.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have a few more days then, If she is like my girl. She has had three litters, all three have been on the 65th day (after the day of the first mating) She has been pretty acurate.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just praying that is is before this weekend becuz i have to go out if town on saturday and i want to be home when she has them so i hope its tonight or friday night

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cupcake1234516

These stories make make me want her to hurry up....I am so excited i cant handle it...
I can appreciate that you are wanting her to deliver soon, but also I want you to be very vigilent this time so that she does not risk a third pregnancy.

Katie

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like i said a couple post ago i already have the spay date and the room all set up for her shes not goin to get out anymore....no more babies...lol i felt her tummy tonight and a few and it felt like a ripple chip if u get what i mean i read that a cats tummy will get limpy and feel rippley when she is havein contractions so maybe soon