I never thought I'd say this but...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't wait until school starts again!

My kids are driving me crazy tonight. Deacon's been bouncing off the walls since he got home from care and Justice isn't listening to a word I say. He didn't eat dinner so when he asked for a bowl of cereal about 15 mins ago I said yes. Well, he spilled it all over my freshly mopped floor

Of course Jake was happy about it

I told him he had to clean it up. After all, he's 9 and is big enough to do so. Well, he's goofing off with the cats and Jake and doing everything BUT cleaning it up. I refuse to do it! He has smeared milk all over the dining room floor so I'm going to make him mop it too!
He keeps saying he's too tired so I said "well you weren't too tired to get up and make a bowl of cereal". Was that bad of me? I just can't handle cleaning up after EVERYONE in this house, anymore!

I'm seriously thinking of velcroing them to a chair so they'll sit down and be quiet for 5 minutes

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I totally hear you! My pet peeve is when people leave dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is just sitting there waiting to be filled.
Even DH does it. They all say, "I didn't know if the dishes were dirty or clean." Come ON!! Duh!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh I totally hear you! My pet peeve is when people leave dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is just sitting there waiting to be filled.
Even DH does it. They all say, "I didn't know if the dishes were dirty or clean." Come ON!! Duh!
Yeap!
Justice's biggest problem is his dad (my ex) does EVERYTHING for him...He has NO responsibilities when he's over there and it causes problems for us when he's here. We have joint custody with me being the primary custodial parent and it's SOO hard to not be the "bad person".. His dad would have already cleaned up the mess and made him another bowl of cereal by now... Not me

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is 4 I can't send her to school! and I am the dish washer

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Yeap!
Justice's biggest problem is his dad (my ex) does EVERYTHING for him...He has NO responsibilities when he's over there and it causes problems for us when he's here. We have joint custody with me being the primary custodial parent and it's SOO hard to not be the "bad person".. His dad would have already cleaned up the mess and made him another bowl of cereal by now... Not me
Good for you! You know that there was recently a thread about what happens when these guys grow up and become husbands (those who have everything done for them.) They're not known for being really helpful around the house!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Mine is 4 I can't send her to school! and I am the dish washer
Ever heard of pre-school?

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Good for you! You know that there was recently a thread about what happens when these guys grow up and become husbands (those who have everything done for them.) They're not known for being really helpful around the house!
That's what worries me too... If I don't make them do these things now and learn how to do them, then what kind of man are they going to be?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
duct tape works for those under 10.

PS i am just kidding.

Please dont scare me ladies, itta is 4 months now or so. oh boy
i dont knwo what to do with baby, at least until it gets old enough to play video games lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

PS i am just kidding.

i dont knwo what to do with baby, at least until it gets old enough to play video games lol
Bruce you crack me up....I hope Itta hides the duct tape before the baby comes
/ Seriously though- there are some awesome new classes specifically for new dads- they teach you everything you need to know!!! They are often sponsored by hospitals and other places- check in your area and see if they offer something like a "daddy and me" class or something like that -sounds cheesy- but it'll be worth it when you know what to do at 3am when the baby's sick and crying and your wife is exhausted....
It'll be worth it's weight in gold. Plus- you have lots of friends here on TCS who can help you out!
You're gonna be a great dad

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh he is totally old enough to clean up his own messes for sure...My niece is 6 and I think she is old enough to start helping around the house, but she doesn't even clean up her OWN dishes for god sakes

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Bruce you crack me up....I hope Itta hides the duct tape before the baby comes
/ Seriously though- there are some awesome new classes specifically for new dads- they teach you everything you need to know!!! They are often sponsored by hospitals and other places- check in your area and see if they offer something like a "daddy and me" class or something like that -sounds cheesy- but it'll be worth it when you know what to do at 3am when the baby's sick and crying and your wife is exhausted....
It'll be worth it's weight in gold. Plus- you have lots of friends here on TCS who can help you out!
You're gonna be a great dad
lol i am at work at 3am so she is on her own then

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

PS i am just kidding.

I didn't know you guys were expecting! That's sooo awesome!!

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oh he is totally old enough to clean up his own messes for sure...My niece is 6 and I think she is old enough to start helping around the house, but she doesn't even clean up her OWN dishes for god sakes
Oh I would have a fit!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope all you expecting parents and thinking about having kids people are reading this. You must start early training your kids to help around the house. (I'm thinking once they're crawling they could drag a dust cloth around and do some mopping.
) I waited to long. Just recently my 13 year old is finally unloading the dishwasher, collecting garbage, etc. And my 10 year old will clean the bathroom sinks and counters when he's in the mood. But he definitely makes more messes than he fixes.
I have a friend who started early (maybe not at the crawling stage, but definitely by potty time) and her boys wipe the toilet every time they use it. --I really hate her
--
I suggest outhouses for any of you expecting male bundles of joy.

And I am soooo happy the boys are finally back to school again. Unfortunately February vacation is only a month away

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol i am at work at 3am so she is on her own then
It's ok....she'll get you when you're not at work
hahah Do you know what ya'll are having yet?

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

I hope all you expecting parents and thinking about having kids people are reading this. You must start early training your kids to help around the house. (I'm thinking once they're crawling they could drag a dust cloth around and do some mopping.
)
I agree, if they are going to be down there crawling around they might as well be giving the floor a spit (drowl)shine.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

It's ok....she'll get you when you're not at work
hahah Do you know what ya'll are having yet?
nope dont want to know.
Kinda like xmas

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

nope dont want to know.
Kinda like xmas
I didn't want to know either. My MIL gave me such a hard time about knowing I asked at the next ultrasound. She was turned around and in a possion they couldn't tell
So, even though my doctor called her a girl and I found out, I was glad I didn't find out when I was going to. She was born 2 weeks after finding out.