TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I never thought I'd say this but...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I never thought I'd say this but...

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I can't wait until school starts again!
My kids are driving me crazy tonight. Deacon's been bouncing off the walls since he got home from care and Justice isn't listening to a word I say. He didn't eat dinner so when he asked for a bowl of cereal about 15 mins ago I said yes. Well, he spilled it all over my freshly mopped floor
Of course Jake was happy about it
I told him he had to clean it up. After all, he's 9 and is big enough to do so. Well, he's goofing off with the cats and Jake and doing everything BUT cleaning it up. I refuse to do it! He has smeared milk all over the dining room floor so I'm going to make him mop it too!
He keeps saying he's too tired so I said "well you weren't too tired to get up and make a bowl of cereal". Was that bad of me? I just can't handle cleaning up after EVERYONE in this house, anymore!
I'm seriously thinking of velcroing them to a chair so they'll sit down and be quiet for 5 minutes
post #2 of 17
Oh I totally hear you! My pet peeve is when people leave dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is just sitting there waiting to be filled. Even DH does it. They all say, "I didn't know if the dishes were dirty or clean." Come ON!! Duh!
post #3 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
Oh I totally hear you! My pet peeve is when people leave dishes in the sink when the dishwasher is just sitting there waiting to be filled. Even DH does it. They all say, "I didn't know if the dishes were dirty or clean." Come ON!! Duh!
Yeap!
Justice's biggest problem is his dad (my ex) does EVERYTHING for him...He has NO responsibilities when he's over there and it causes problems for us when he's here. We have joint custody with me being the primary custodial parent and it's SOO hard to not be the "bad person".. His dad would have already cleaned up the mess and made him another bowl of cereal by now... Not me
post #4 of 17
Mine is 4 I can't send her to school! and I am the dish washer
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
Yeap!
Justice's biggest problem is his dad (my ex) does EVERYTHING for him...He has NO responsibilities when he's over there and it causes problems for us when he's here. We have joint custody with me being the primary custodial parent and it's SOO hard to not be the "bad person".. His dad would have already cleaned up the mess and made him another bowl of cereal by now... Not me
Good for you! You know that there was recently a thread about what happens when these guys grow up and become husbands (those who have everything done for them.) They're not known for being really helpful around the house!
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by celestialrags View Post
Mine is 4 I can't send her to school! and I am the dish washer
Ever heard of pre-school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta View Post
Good for you! You know that there was recently a thread about what happens when these guys grow up and become husbands (those who have everything done for them.) They're not known for being really helpful around the house!
That's what worries me too... If I don't make them do these things now and learn how to do them, then what kind of man are they going to be?
post #7 of 17
duct tape works for those under 10.

PS i am just kidding.

Please dont scare me ladies, itta is 4 months now or so. oh boy
i dont knwo what to do with baby, at least until it gets old enough to play video games lol
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
duct tape works for those under 10.

PS i am just kidding.

Please dont scare me ladies, itta is 4 months now or so. oh boy
i dont knwo what to do with baby, at least until it gets old enough to play video games lol
Bruce you crack me up....I hope Itta hides the duct tape before the baby comes / Seriously though- there are some awesome new classes specifically for new dads- they teach you everything you need to know!!! They are often sponsored by hospitals and other places- check in your area and see if they offer something like a "daddy and me" class or something like that -sounds cheesy- but it'll be worth it when you know what to do at 3am when the baby's sick and crying and your wife is exhausted.... It'll be worth it's weight in gold. Plus- you have lots of friends here on TCS who can help you out! You're gonna be a great dad
post #9 of 17
Oh he is totally old enough to clean up his own messes for sure...My niece is 6 and I think she is old enough to start helping around the house, but she doesn't even clean up her OWN dishes for god sakes
post #10 of 17
My mum is a teacher and she is sooo not ready for the kids to come back

As for the clean-up, 9 is well old enough to clean up a mess he made
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Bruce you crack me up....I hope Itta hides the duct tape before the baby comes / Seriously though- there are some awesome new classes specifically for new dads- they teach you everything you need to know!!! They are often sponsored by hospitals and other places- check in your area and see if they offer something like a "daddy and me" class or something like that -sounds cheesy- but it'll be worth it when you know what to do at 3am when the baby's sick and crying and your wife is exhausted.... It'll be worth it's weight in gold. Plus- you have lots of friends here on TCS who can help you out! You're gonna be a great dad

lol i am at work at 3am so she is on her own then
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
duct tape works for those under 10.

PS i am just kidding.

Please dont scare me ladies, itta is 4 months now or so. oh boy
i dont knwo what to do with baby, at least until it gets old enough to play video games lol
I didn't know you guys were expecting! That's sooo awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
Oh he is totally old enough to clean up his own messes for sure...My niece is 6 and I think she is old enough to start helping around the house, but she doesn't even clean up her OWN dishes for god sakes
Oh I would have a fit!
post #13 of 17
I hope all you expecting parents and thinking about having kids people are reading this. You must start early training your kids to help around the house. (I'm thinking once they're crawling they could drag a dust cloth around and do some mopping. ) I waited to long. Just recently my 13 year old is finally unloading the dishwasher, collecting garbage, etc. And my 10 year old will clean the bathroom sinks and counters when he's in the mood. But he definitely makes more messes than he fixes.
I have a friend who started early (maybe not at the crawling stage, but definitely by potty time) and her boys wipe the toilet every time they use it. --I really hate her --
I suggest outhouses for any of you expecting male bundles of joy.

And I am soooo happy the boys are finally back to school again. Unfortunately February vacation is only a month away
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
lol i am at work at 3am so she is on her own then
It's ok....she'll get you when you're not at work hahah Do you know what ya'll are having yet?
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzy View Post
I hope all you expecting parents and thinking about having kids people are reading this. You must start early training your kids to help around the house. (I'm thinking once they're crawling they could drag a dust cloth around and do some mopping. )

I agree, if they are going to be down there crawling around they might as well be giving the floor a spit (drowl)shine.
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
It's ok....she'll get you when you're not at work hahah Do you know what ya'll are having yet?
nope dont want to know.
Kinda like xmas
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimp98 View Post
nope dont want to know.
Kinda like xmas
I didn't want to know either. My MIL gave me such a hard time about knowing I asked at the next ultrasound. She was turned around and in a possion they couldn't tell So, even though my doctor called her a girl and I found out, I was glad I didn't find out when I was going to. She was born 2 weeks after finding out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I never thought I'd say this but...