A Kitty Miracle on the first day of the year!

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday as I went from our house to the MIL's for her evening meds, I stopped as always to check the food in the cat house. Surprisingly, when I opened the door there was what looked to be a grey & white kitten in there eating and startled it was looking down for the way out.

I said, "What do we have here? thinking I was going to pick up a small kitten" and the small cat looked up and then I was the one surprised. The cat was my Precious who had gone missing 6 months ago.

I always kind of thought someone had taken her and kept her in because I always use safety/breakaway collars they can get out of if they are hung up on anything. On the other hand, I did wonder if something bad had happened to her and went through my guilt on and off over that. Of course with her returning to me I really believe that someone has had her locked in somewhere and she finally managed to escape.

I think I may take her to the vet tomorrow to be checked out. She seems OK, but her breathing seems to be a bit more rapid than I like. She has no temperature or injuries that I can see and she remembers us and her home, (which kind of surprised me).

The one thing that looks odd to me is her tail and it looks just like Lippy's, (the feral that lives outside), tail which is flat on the underside and looks a little dented in at the base. Maybe it has something to do with a cat being outside all the time.

Right now her comfort zone seems to be on the chair cushion in front of my monitor or my chair when I go upstairs.

Anyway... I just had to share this news. I keep looking at my little dynamo and grinning in awe. I surely never thought I'd see her after all those months.
What a wonderful feeling it is to have my little Precious laying in front of me.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! What an awesome way to start the new year!!! So glad your baby's back home!

Stephanie

tabbytail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is one of the happiest things I have ever read! It makes me feel so good. One of mine, a very precious kitty who was like a puppy and a bird too, and very loving, disappeared over a month ago on my birthday. Now I have hope he may show back up someday too.

heidinyny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
reading your post put a huge smile on my face. i'm happy for you and your kitty!

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did she have the same collar as when you last saw her? My Dusty still goes outside during the day, and she has a nametag on her collar with her name and my cell number, just in case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

Did she have the same collar as when you last saw her? My Dusty still goes outside during the day, and she has a nametag on her collar with her name and my cell number, just in case.
Nope...
She didn't have her collar on which was no surprise. All of my cats wear breakaway collars with their ID and they are also microchipped. It looked like she had been wearing a collar till recently though because there was a telltale ridge on her neck.

I've wondered if they just have a collar dump somewhere that they all just decide to throw their collars on from time to time.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news! Readign your other thread, I hope that Precious has nothing serious and will soon be back to her old self.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am happy for you that your Precious is now home. I think it is a good idea to take her to the vet and get checked out. Thanks for sharing this great story. I am sure it will encourage some who are still waiting for their babies to come home.