Rational Fear of Kleenex Boxes

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that I have traumatized poor Marcie. She was looking bored and since she is always hungry I had a "great" idea. I took an empty Kleenex box (not the large ones, but the cube shaped one) and I put clear packing tape over part of the hole and left just enough space for a paw to go in. Then I put a little dry food in there and shook it around enough for her to get the idea of what the new toy was. That thing kept he busy for darn near an hour. She managed to widen the hole enough to where she could stick her whole arm in there, then she got the bright idea to stick her head in there. OMG, I just thought that was the most hilarious thing that I had ever seen - a cat with a Kleenex box stuck on her head....thn she freaked out after about 15 seconds of confusion, she ran behind the couch, scattering food bits everywhere and pulling lamp and speaker cords. She finally got herself free...The looks that I got from her and from my husband
I went to throw the kleenex box away and she took one look at it and ran... oops, my bad

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I'm sure she'll recover, but for future reference the same rule that applies to babies regarding head-sized holes/spaces (like on a crib) applies to cats.

One of those things you just have to give them a little extra lovin, shrug, and say "Seemed like a good idea at the time..."

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

i wish boxes had scared Abi when she got her head stuck. last night she chewed the box edges and spilled my water glass into a tray.

LOL!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abigail - that is the funniest picture

Marcie looked just like that, except at 100mph

Zissou's Mom - Lucky I don't have any babies, just Marcie the furkid

Marcie seems to have forgiven me - for now

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMGosh!! That's the most hysterical thing I've seen!! Poor baby!

I use the larger tissue boxes and put wads of paper in them. Then, the cats "attack" the paper in the dark recesses of the box!