Fantasic news for Scratch!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His hips don't require sugary! I took him in today for a series of X-Rays and they came out looking beautiful. The Vet asked me what I would do if I found out that he needed to have anything done, and I said whatever this is going to take. Scratch adopted us knowing that we would love him and take care of him until he was ready to go to the bridge. This means that if he needs a fake hip then that is what he is going to get. (Besides I've always wanted a bionic kitty) I am so happy for my little guy.

The only negative to the X-Ray was that I found out that he really likes to hold his poo.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

His hips don't require sugary! I took him in today for a series of X-Rays and they came out looking beautiful. The Vet asked me what I would do if I found out that he needed to have anything done, and I said whatever this is going to take. Scratch adopted us knowing that we would love him and take care of him until he was ready to go to the bridge. This means that if he needs a fake hip then that is what he is going to get. (Besides I've always wanted a bionic kitty) I am so happy for my little guy.
That's awesome!!!

The only negative to the X-Ray was that I found out that he really likes to hold his poo.

THAT...is a bit less awesome.
Kitty enemas, anyone?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is that a sympton of discomfort in the pelvic area?

Anyway, I'm glad he's doing so well. Who's a good boy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Is that a sympton of discomfort in the pelvic area?

Anyway, I'm glad he's doing so well. Who's a good boy?
It's possible, but Scratch is a once a day pooper. In fact, you can set your watch by him; every night at 11:15.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's possible, but Scratch is a once a day pooper. In fact, you can set your watch by him; every night at 11:15.
Ah. Well, that is different.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news.

As for the once a day thing....
Now that I think of it Anya usually just goes once a day too. Is that unusual for a cat? Should they be going more often?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're once to every other day here. Some days I scoop pee, somedays pee and poo, somedays pee from one box, poo from the other, etc....

That's wonderful to hear about Scratch though!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is wonderful news!!!!
/ About Scratch's slow digestive movement- he might have Gastroparesis (i have it but i also have IBS ) Keep an eye on him...Gastroparesis (slow movement of the digestive tract) is something very common in diabetics ( i'm one of the few oddballs out there who has gastroparesis without diabetes) but it can occur in kitties too
I'm soo glad you had wonderful news on his hips!!!