Question for those of you with kids....

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious. How long did it take you to concieve your children once you started trying?

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I'm curious. How long did it take you to concieve your children once you started trying?
Can't help you with this one - all I had to do was say the word baby and I was pregnant.
We weren't even trying - either time. Fertile Myrtle here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Can't help you with this one - all I had to do was say the word baby and I was pregnant.
We weren't even trying - either time. Fertile Myrtle here.
Thats awesome!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious about this as well actually. Also, if you were on birth control prior, did it seem to take longer to conceive?

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats awesome!!
You laugh, but we didn't dare say the "B" word in our house after my second child. Actually it was a curse in my X's whole family. He comes from a very very large family there was "the bag". The dreaded bag was full of maternity clothes. When one of the sister-in-laws was done with "the bag" it got passed on. It was like a curse. Nobody would even touch it. We had all been known to run from it cause whomever got stuck with "the bag" next - was the next to get pregnant. I think the whole family is cursed.

Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm curious about this as well actually. Also, if you were on birth control prior, did it seem to take longer to conceive?
Doctor told us 6 months after going off BC (we were planning on a pregnancy 6 months down the road) but - umm....me....1 1/2 weeks.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter was a "whoops!" so I guess I can't help you on this one, either. Sorry!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got pregnant the week after a physical when my doctor said, "Everything checks out fine; you and you husband can start a family."

Unfortunately, it was an ectopic pregnancy. So, after the surgery and five months on Lupron, he said, "This is the best time to try again," and I got pregnant within a couple of days. (That was our daughter who is now eight.)

We always thought it would be fine to have another, but it never happened. I wonder how many kids we would have if we hadn't moved away, and changed doctors!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My first pregnancy was a whoops, and with the second I got pregnant our second month of "trying".

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They say to wait a few months (can't remember exactly) after going off the pill to get pregnant. So we waited the allotted time, and then got pregnant the first month we tried. With our second child 3 years later, it took about 3 months.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It can take up to two years for a normal, healthy couple to get pregnant. Some people do get pregnant very quickly into trying, but plenty of people are in the middle and at the end of that two year period.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We have 2 children, and didn't "try" for either. Our first, the boy, we had about 3 months after stopping BC pills, and trying something else. I got pregnant with our daughter when our son was 12 WEEKS old! LOL

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Over 2 years both times

But I had female "issues" that I had no idea I had until I went to a WONDERFUL Gyn. After a couple of simple blood tests, they found 2 problems that were pretty easily corrected (well- with fertility drugs they could be). At that point I said I was DONE.

And I am- I have a child turning 13 in 2 weeks

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8 1/2 years for the 1st one! I had given up hope. The 2nd one only 3 months.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my Mom was 34 doctor's told her she couldn't have kids, so she decided to go off the pill. 6 months later she was pregnant with me. Due to the shear amount of miscarriages she had had she decided not to tell anyone until she was 4 months along. That is until my grandmother came to town, and took one look at her and knew. My grandmother also predicted that I was a girl, and that I would be born healthy. She was right on both accounts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for replying to this thread...you've actually answered a lot of my questions!

Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Um.... 3 mins?

TMI!!

I'm sure Reggie thanks you!

rina_marie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

We never actually "tried" to get pregnant we just didn't do anything to discourage it (besides a brief stint with "natural" methods between #2 and #3.) I got pregnant with our first baby a few weeks after the wedding, #2 was conceived about 6 months after #1 was born, #3 was conceived about 7 months after that, and #4 was conceived about 8 months after #3 (these are rough estimates, I didn't feel like getting out the calculator.)

Our children are ages 5 (just had a birthday), 3 (almost 4), 2, and 6 months and I've just had a return to fertility again since we've started baby on solid foods. So we're praying to be blessed again any time now!

Are you wanting children? Do you currently have kids? Just curious.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you all so much for replying to this thread...you've actually answered a lot of my questions!

TMI!!

I'm sure Reggie thanks you!
Well, to save Reggie's good name, the kids arent biologically his

Justice is by my ex-husband and Deacon is a "whoops" baby from an ex... who's never seen Deacon... I like it that way too