A new year.........feeling quite down

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys always seem to understand.........I'm just in a funk and I'm looking for a shoulder or two to cry on.........

Mom is now living in TN, and I know it could be worse, but somehow she feels soooooooooo far away.....like I"ll never see her again.......
Then my health is going to go through alot of tests and stuff soon and I'm scared to death of doctors, etc. It all starts soon next Monday with my first gastro appointment. To top things off, things are so shaky at work.........

I just keep telling myself take one day at a time..............and try to relax...........

Thanks for listening guys........your a great sounding board........

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's okay to feel overwhelmed! You have a lot going on! Have you thought about having a night in where you watch Lifetime Movies and eat popcorn? That always cheers me up. Also, with your Mom living in TN can you make her a scrap book and send it to her? For my Mom's birthday I am making a scrap book of DH, myself, and the boys. She doesn't know yet but I know that will cheer her up.

As for the doctor, do you have a doctor buddy? Someone who can go with you to all of the appointments and hold your hand. That should make that stressful situation slightly better.

As for the job thing I feel for you, but it could be a great opportunity to help you figure out what YOU have always wanted to do.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. If you need ANYTHING at all PM me!

Hugs and love to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much Rigel and Heather!!
Jerry is my doctor buddy!

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Aw Susie
Sorry you are feeling down. Things will get better soon Im sure of it.
You can still see your Mum, the visits will just be even more special. I do know how you feel though. My Mum moved 400 miles away when I was in my teens and it was really hard.
Good luck with the doctors and stuff and Im really sorry things are not so great at work

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for ya Suze! I'm an optimist, so I think all this is gonna bring you new places to visit, new goals for work and a new vigor for life when you get your health issues at bay.

Then again, what the heck do I know??? I don't get along with my family, work is eh.... and I probably need to get off my butt and get healthier too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just made a cat scan appt for Saturday at 11:00am..............at least I know those don't hurt!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah Susie You know when things get tough the tough get going. I know all about the Health stuff I have to do that this month also, but wanting to find whats going on out weighs getting it done, and hopefully it's nothing. Hang in there all will work out. And whatever you go through no matter how tuff it seems you will still be standing when its all said and done
To You my Friend and just think positive.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I just made a cat scan appt for Saturday at 11:00am..............at least I know those don't hurt!
I want one
I do really, That's a good way to get LQQED at all over in one sweep

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know sometimes all this can feel so overwhelming, and hopefully after these tests are done you can start feeling better with some meds etc. It's hard to have a good outlook on things when u aren't feeling well, and missing your mom. Also with your job, I believe everything happens for a reason maybe there is something better around the corner!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've gotten some good advice - especially on doctor buddies, optimism and popcorn.

I hope you feel better soon - a lot of it is a matter of perspective. All of what you're going through right now is hard - please don't make it harder on yourself for policing what you're feeling.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big
to you - just bring your hammer with you and squish anyone who gives you a hard time. It's hard not to get a smile on your face when you are doing this: :smash

Seriously, though, you KNOW we're here for you!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you're going through, but I don't have any good advice for you...just some hugs
and some rubs from my boys

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that was cute Betsy!

Susie, I'm sending lots of luck for your dr's appt's
.....and I will keep you in my prayers....

when all else fails, trust in my 2 best friends....Ben & Jerry's!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relax honey- all you can to is just breath...and take it one day at a time sweetheart.
If you're constantly thinking of everything that's going on at once- of course you're going to feel overwhelmed and stressed- that's only normal for a lot of people. Instead, what you have to do is just the best you can and take it one step at a time. I know how difficult it can be to go through all of those medical tests- i can honestly say i've been there and i know what it's like. I'm only 21 and already i've had just about every GI test under the sun, numerous surgeries and procedures, heart monitiors and tests, steroids for my lugs, ultrasounds, stress tests, more blood tests than i can think of, diabetes tests, tests done by my ENT (i have a lot of vertigo and ear probs.)...you name it sweetie- i've been there.I understand.
If you want someone to talk to about your GI tests....please drop me a line! I'd be happy to just listen and try and be there for you. I know you're missing your mom- but honestly...TN isn't too bad
I live here too
She's only a flight away sweetie- you'll see her again soon. Try to hang in there. You can't constantly stress over the uncertanity at your work- it's out of your control sweetheart. All you can do is be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Be sure to have a good resume and outfit ready for applications if you should need to switch jobs...but try not to stress to much over something that's not under your control at the moment- just be prepared and try to save as much as you can- you will make it and you have a great hubby to help

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Big
to you - just bring your hammer with you and squish anyone who gives you a hard time. It's hard not to get a smile on your face when you are doing this: :smash

Seriously, though, you KNOW we're here for you!
I was just gonna say smashing seems to make her feel better!!!