Nazumi update!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been a very busy weekend. Sorry I havnt been able to get on earlier and let you guys know how Zumi Boy is doing. I took him into the vet at 8 this morning to have the tumor removed. He decided he did not want to be in his crate and while I went to talk to John about bringing him home some breakfast Zumi broke the crate! I dont know how he did it but I heard his little mmmwar and looked over and he was out! The crate is now unrepairable. He broke the wire part off and so there is no longer a door to it and it doesnt go together right anymore either.
I guess we are switching to an all wire one now.

Anyways When we got there (in the dog crate) he kept yowling and grabbing anyone who walked by. He wasnt happy so the receptionist asked if we minded having him out on his harness in the lobby. I said nope since all that was in there was a tiny yorkie weighing 4 lbs! So I hook him up to his leash and let him explore and he was very happy again. Begging for attention playing and being his goofy big lug self.

We had to wait 15 minutes in the lobby before the vet was done with the person he was dealing with. While we were waiting the little Yorkie got brave and decided it was gonna go after Nazumi. I hear it doing it yappy bark and went to scoop Zum up and he just walked straight up to that dog and mmmwared in his face and that little dog ran back to his person whimpering.
We all cracked up even the dogs owner. The dog wouldnt even look at Nazumi after that.
My big scarey kitty.

So we finally get to go in and I find out the vet that fixed Bagheera will be doing the surgery instead of my normal vet! I was so happy because he is a very good vet.
Anyways so they are finally like ok say goodbye to the baby and I was bawling my eyes out. For sure thinking he wouldnt be able to make it threw the surgery. They kept telling me they would do there best to make sure Zumi could see me in a couple hours. So I got to work and was soo distracted all I could think about was Zumi. About an hour and a half later I get a call saying he was doing ok and that they were able to remove the whole tumor. That it was the size of a golfball with a smaller one 2 inches away from the bigger one. It was the size of a pea. So they took out some of the surounding muscle just to make sure they got it all. But that he was doing fine. He hadnt woken up yet though.

So after work I rush over there to see my baby and he looked awful! His whole left side of his neck from his ear to his shoulder blade is shaved and he has a incision that goes from his ear to about half an inch above his shoulder. I almost threw up when I saw it. He was just laying there so pathetically. He didnt make ny noises when he saw me at first. I stayed about an hour and by the time I left he was purring and snuggling and seemed to be more there. Hes still really out of it. But the vet said he had improved alot from the time he woke up. He even ate some canned food around 8 tonight when they called for the last time tonight.

We will be getting the results back on the tumor in 2-3 days. But the vet said it looked like a fatty tumor and that he was pretty confident we had nothing to worry about.
So Im holding my breath till Thursday or Friday!
Thats it for this post. Thanks for all the vibes for Zumi. He still needs some healing vibes so that he can get all better and come home!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh you poor thing, how scary for you!!!! I'm so glad he made it through the surgery well, and he's slowly on the mend.

Headbutts and licks to him from my crew

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Lots and lots of healing vibes for little scary Zumi the Yorkie tamer! I hope he's home soon!
Thanks! John is calling him the Yorkie Tamer now, LOL Hes such a big goof ball. I forgot to post that he is now a whopping 15 lbs and theres not an ounce of fat on the boy. Hes still very gangly.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless his heart!!! lots of vibes are headed your way for his smooth recovery

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitties and I are sending some good healing vibes your way. Get well soon, Nazumi.

Bryan

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers from Mississippi for you and Nazumi, I hope he continues to improve. Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
God Bless you Amber! You are so strong! I would be in pieces right now! Thank God Nazumi made it through like a champ! I am sending more
, more prayers, and more vibes for Zumi baby!!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber, I didn't even know about Nazumi's tumor. I have not been on a lot recently. Glad to hear he came out of it okay. Severino had a tumor removed in July and it ended up being nothing bad, but we were scared too.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NAZUMI......THE YORKIE TAMER!!!!!!

Healing headbuts and sooooothing, sweet licks from KittenKiya's Clan. Come home soon, baby.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww...Zumi is such a doll isn't he? I'll be sending {{{healing vibes}}} for you little Yorkie Tamer.....I can't believe he's 15 lbs!