Ya'll come gather around

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Cat Grass, They have never had it and I guess it will take a bit for them to get used to it. They Love Cat nip so I'm sure they will learn to Love this to.
They weren't all enthused because they didn't come upstairs when I said LQQK what I've got

Zazzy, Ziggy, Zinger, Mickey, Dunkin all came up

I think Zazzy liked it the best

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard that grass is good for a cat and since my kitties are indoor only kitties, one year I bought a cat grass growing kit, but that was years ago. It was basically a shallow plastic container and sand that had some kind of grass seeds in it I think. All I had to do was add water. I couldn't keep the cat I had at that time out of it, so it never got a chance to grow because she kept knocking it over.

I've never tried growing catnip though but I think I'll look for some the next time I'm at the pet store. My cats go nuts for dry catnip. Maybe they will like it.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar had some cat grass which I grew for him, he was trying to get to it before it was grown properly, and he just went mad over it. When the remaining very sorry looking leaves were going a bit dry I threw it in the bin, and the little monster worked out how to get into the bin to get it back out. Must get him some more!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just presented some grown grass to my cats this weekend. Frankie was in the bag weeks ago when I bought it before I even had it out. So, I followed the directions and a few days later I woke up to vomit (my kitties rarely puke) that looked like it had grass seed in it. So, I put it on top of the entertainment center where I KNOW they can't/won't get it. I put it down for a few minutes every day now and Frankie goes to town. I don't leave it down too long cuz I don't want her getting sick. Wickett hasn't yet figure out how to eat it or what to do with it I guess. He just watches Frankie and sniff's the grass once in awhile.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute pictures! Wukong wasn't too keen on the cat grass when I presented them with some (cut some stalks instead of giving them the whole pot cos I didn't want soil all over the floor). Cassie thought it was a toy and rolled around grabbing at the stalks with her paws. She also chewed on them for a while but soon got disinterested and walked away, leaving the room looking like a ruined garden!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

(cut some stalks instead of giving them the whole pot cos I didn't want soil all over the floor).
I got around this by putting the pot in the bath - easy to clean up after they've finished! Radar did guard the bath for a while, he didn't want anyone else getting his grass

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great pics
they will be fighting over the cat grass before you know it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they liked it alot
MiniMan wanted to lay in it
I got one of those Chia Cat Grass from one of my daughters for Christmas for them and it's growing pretty good, then I saw this at the market yesterday for $3.00 so I got it for them. The only problem is that I may need a gallon drum full for all of these guys

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then go to the nearest feed store and purchase oat/rye grass seeds (that is what is growing in your pot) - they sell it next to nothing ($5-10 for 10 lbs of seeds) and grow it yourself. That is what I do - otherwise I'd be broke!!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried cat grass once and neither of mine cared about it at all.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I put it on top of the entertainment center where I KNOW they can't/won't get it.
Well, I spoke to too soon... or I jinxed myself my speaking at all! LOL I got home yesterday to an upside down tub of grass. Fortunately what ever it was growing in held together and the mess was minimal. I'm sure it was Frankie too because she had a new scratch on her nose that wasn't there in the afternoon. Bad Frankie! LOL