Owwwwwwwwwww!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I picked up my straightening irons by the wrong end - it took a minute to register and then I dropped them. I have burned the heck out of my hand owwwwwwwwww...the burn's only medium-bad but jeesh they HURT don't they?

BUT I rescued a baby bird out the back straight after I did it! I went out to do the doggies' toys and treats and stuff, and it was flapping around under the pavilion - couldn't work out how to get out. It finally stopped on the ground in the corner behind the door, and it let me pick it up! It was soooooo frightened. It flapped off again and latched onto one of the legs of the pavilion, and I had to prise it's little claws off - it's legs were so spindly and tiny I thought they would break! But I took it to the fence, gave it a little nudge and it flew off. It was so tiny and uncertain - the doggers would have killed it for sure if I had have left it there. Little thing - so sweet... it made up for the burn!!

(had to type this whole thing one-handed....
)

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry your burned your hand
but I am happy that you saved a litty bitty birdie

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, OW!!! That smarts!! When you began telling about the wee birdie, I had visions of its claws or beak getting involved with that very tender hand -- what a relief when that DIDN'T happen.
Glad the little one is safe.

I hope your hand heals quickly.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch on the hand part that does sound quite painful. But thank you for helping that little birdie.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

This morning I picked up my straightening irons by the wrong end - it took a minute to register and then I dropped them. I have burned the heck out of my hand owwwwwwwwww...the burn's only medium-bad but jeesh they HURT don't they?

BUT I rescued a baby bird out the back straight after I did it! I went out to do the doggies' toys and treats and stuff, and it was flapping around under the pavilion - couldn't work out how to get out. It finally stopped on the ground in the corner behind the door, and it let me pick it up! It was soooooo frightened. It flapped off again and latched onto one of the legs of the pavilion, and I had to prise it's little claws off - it's legs were so spindly and tiny I thought they would break! But I took it to the fence, gave it a little nudge and it flew off. It was so tiny and uncertain - the doggers would have killed it for sure if I had have left it there. Little thing - so sweet... it made up for the burn!!

(had to type this whole thing one-handed....
)
My Grandson did that when he was very small grabbed momos off the bathroom counter by the iorn part and it really burned that baby skin so bad, we had to take him to the Dr a few times and they kept peeling the skin off for a couple of times, I think he was maybe 2 1/2 or 3 and he was so brave never cried, but I know it had to have hurt really bad.

Also years ago I was curling the sides of my hair and I have alway's worn it pretty short and I was curling it towards my face. I stuck my self in the eye with the end of the iorn OMG I thought I was going to die, I just missed the Pupil, Had to run to the Dr and they put some stuff in it and they said I was very lucky I could have ruined my eye.
When they ask How did you do that I just said I have no idea, I do everything in a huirry so I guess I was pointing it in to much.

Hope your feels better fast

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Also years ago I was curling the sides of my hair and I have alway's worn it pretty short and I was curling it towards my face. I stuck my self in the eye with the end of the iorn OMG I thought I was going to die, I just missed the Pupil, Had to run to the Dr and they put some stuff in it and they said I was very lucky I could have ruined my eye.
When they ask How did you do that I just said I have no idea, I do everything in a hurry so I guess I was pointing it in to much.
Good Lord! That is soooo much worse than what I did.

However, it is coming out in blisters now and being holidays none of the surgeons are here at work - I've got every type of bandage, plaster and such available, but no anaesthetic cream or anything. Not that I need a surgeon of course (lol) it just happens to be where I work! Actually unless it's orthopaedic they're all a bit hopeless (har har) but because it's really getting in the way of working I'm going to run down to one of the GPs downstairs to get some treatment. So handy to work in a hospital!!

But it's actually worse than I thought

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch! I've burnt my finger tips before so I know how you feel, kinda! I did it in Junior High...the week before my flute solo, which I couldn't do in the end. The first night I did it, I slept with my hands in a bowl of water they hurt so bad. I'm still missing the feeling in about a pea size area of the tip of one index finger. I don't notice it much, just if I run my nail over it or something.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thanks guys

I've been to the doc downstairs and I actually have second degree burns of my palm and thumb. What an idiot, lol, I'm bandaged up like I broke my wrist!!

Yep, happy new year to me. This will probably be the first of many I am SO accident prone...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww..i'm sorry about the burn -put some solarcaine and neospoin plus on it and keep it really clean
cold compresses help too (lol can you tell i burn myself often
) / I'm glad you were able to help the little bird!