Names for a blue cat, suggestions welcome!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have reserved a little blue oriental kitten

I don't have a pic of him by himself but here his is with his mum and siblings (he's the blue one, very similar colour to his mum (but god I wish I could bring all of them home they are all adorable)):

We are a bit stuck for names - we have just a few days to pick a name if we want it to go on his registration papers!

I originally thought of Buxton, from Dougal and the Blue Cat - a Magic Roundabout feature length thing that I loved when I was a kid! but Buxton is an evil character, and we don't want to name him after an evil cat character!

Other ideas so far are: Picasso; Sonic (kind of goes with Radar if you ignore the blue hedgehog connotations); and Flint.

But please please suggest some things! I normally name pets after I've had them a few days and seen more of their personality, but we want something to go on his papers which have to be done soon!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like Picasso!! Enough that I'm having trouble thinking of ANYthing else! However, I shall put the task on the back burner and let it percolate. Meanwhile, he sure is a cutie!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Bittersweet - aviation code (to tie in with radar) for a possible blue on blue situation (http://www.parliament.the-stationery...54/1020607.htm - search down if you don't know the term - I didn't).

2. The following names all mean blue - given with language and traditionally associated sex:

AZUL....... Spanish \tEither
AZURA..... Spanish \tFemale
CYAN...... American \tEither
HINTO..... Native American Male
HITOMI.... Japanese \tFemale
INDIVAR... Sanskrit (India) Male
NILIMA..... Sanskrit (India) Female
SUNILA..... Sanskrit (India) Female
TEAL........ American \tEither
VIOLET..... French \tFemale
YAHTO Native American \tMale

Good luck.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gainsborough - he's a "blue boy"?

Besides, I had a Gainsborough years ago. Lovely blue DSH.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh I really like Satai's suggestions! Indivar is fantastic and a good-sounding name for a pedigree as well.

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i'm terrible at names too...but you guys are cracking me up...all i could think of was was *smurf* *hangs head in shame*
that cat is too purty for a goofy type name...let us know what you chooose.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by reddicequeen

i'm terrible at names too...but you guys are cracking me up...all i could think of was was *smurf* *hangs head in shame*
that cat is too purty for a goofy type name...let us know what you chooose.
Heh... I suggested Smurf and Galloway (a particularly British joke
) as well as a whole number of musicians and famous personalities that Epona has rejected

Sticking with Sonic as it goes very well with Radar

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Sonic as well, and even if you are ignoring the hedgehog reference, it is a BLUE hedgehog
congrats on your new baby, he is gorgeous!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Cyan as well.

Or you could always call him or her Sky

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's an Oriental, Buxton could prove very suitable

and anyway wasn't he rehabilitated ad the end of the film?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

We have reserved a little blue oriental kitten

I don't have a pic of him by himself but here his is with his mum and siblings (he's the blue one, very similar colour to his mum (but god I wish I could bring all of them home they are all adorable)):

We are a bit stuck for names - we have just a few days to pick a name if we want it to go on his registration papers!

I originally thought of Buxton,
from Dougal and the Blue Cat
- a Magic Roundabout feature length thing that I loved when I was a kid! but Buxton is an evil character, and we don't want to name him after an evil cat character!

Other ideas so far are: Picasso; Sonic (kind of goes with Radar if you ignore the blue hedgehog connotations); and Flint.

But please please suggest some things! I normally name pets after I've had them a few days and seen more of their personality, but we want something to go on his papers which have to be done soon!!
I do not remember this movie but I most certainly do like the simple name of Bluecat for the kittie. I used to have a hard time with names too, and a grey cat showed up on my porch one day which I adopted, and called Greycat simply because I could not come up with another name. The name stuck, and everybody seemed happy with it; indeed most thought is was a unique and cute name. Although it took no thought on my part whatsoever. I actually like Bluecat better and so does my wife. Two votes for Bluecat here.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well there some good ideas already
heres some from me

Fitz

Lyle

Vidal

Do keep us posted, expecially with photos of the little treasure