Persi's Mexican trip report

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well folks, as I posted here 2 1/2 weeks ago, we loaded Persi into the back of the SUV along with his litter box, his carrier, all of his toys and food and water, and all of his familiar blankets and headed from Plano, TX (near Dallas) to Cuernavaca (south of Mexico City), a trip of 24 hours one way (we drove straight through going and coming). Persi had never travelled before in his life except to be brought home and to the vets. We put the suitcases in the middle row of seats and he had the entire back end to himself except that while one of us was driving, the other would lay back there with him in the blankets. He did so great! We just got back today but I had to tell everybody how happy I am with my travelling cat. The house we stayed at had a typical Mexican patio with walls meaning that Persi could go outside and lay in the direct sun and snoop around without any danger of getting away. He is going to miss that back here in the house but I have promised to finish building him his new screened in patio so I hope he did not get too spoiled by all this, not to mention all the new found attention he got. We were just NOT going to leave him alone with ANYBODY for 17 days and we are just thrilled that we took him along. Happy New Year everybody, it's back to work tomorrow!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am so glad to hear that all went well. I thought about you guys and wondered how Persi did. Thanks for the update! What a comfort to know that you can now take him when you guys go somewhere. I bet he loved the patio. I bet he is looking forward to his new screened in patio.
Persi you spoiled little rascal!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Well folks, as I posted here 2 1/2 weeks ago, we loaded Persi into the back of the SUV along with his litter box, his carrier, all of his toys and food and water, and all of his familiar blankets and headed from Plano, TX (near Dallas) to Cuernavaca (south of Mexico City), a trip of 24 hours one way (we drove straight through going and coming). Persi had never travelled before in his life except to be brought home and to the vets. We put the suitcases in the middle row of seats and he had the entire back end to himself except that while one of us was driving, the other would lay back there with him in the blankets. He did so great! We just got back today but I had to tell everybody how happy I am with my travelling cat. The house we stayed at had a typical Mexican patio with walls meaning that Persi could go outside and lay in the direct sun and snoop around without any danger of getting away. He is going to miss that back here in the house but I have promised to finish building him his new screened in patio so I hope he did not get too spoiled by all this, not to mention all the new found attention he got. We were just NOT going to leave him alone with ANYBODY for 17 days and we are just thrilled that we took him along. Happy New Year everybody, it's back to work tomorrow!
My sister used to live in Plano.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to see everyone enjoyed there mexican getaway!
That is sooo swesome Persi did so well!
Welcome home and Happy New Year to you and yours..and Persi!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I bet he loved the patio. I bet he is looking forward to his new screened in patio.
Persi you spoiled little rascal!
...same feelings Here!!!

And Persi doesn´t feel dizzy for the movement of the car?
..I hope not...

Welcome back Persi, glad that you enjoy the Mexican lands around here!

Yes, Milky can share his Own patio if Persi decide someday to visit us here to Merida Yuc Mex!

Welcome back!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! Persi was such a good boy....my cats would've freaked out & bit someone.

I hope Persi used his sunblock so he didn't get too sunburnt!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

...same feelings Here!!!

And Persi doesn´t feel dizzy for the movement of the car?
..I hope not...

Welcome back Persi, glad that you enjoy the Mexican lands around here!

Yes, Milky can share his Own patio if Persi decide someday to visit us here to Merida
Yuc Mex!

Welcome back!
Wow thanks, Persi says he would love to see Milky and Merida some day now that he has had a taste of Mexican hospitality! And now that we know he is cool with long trips. Everybody there was so nice to him and he is acting like a spoiled brat right now and he is being very smug about being such a good traveler. I just wish I could get him to take those sunglasses off!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Wow thanks, Persi says he would love to see Milky and Merida some day now that he has had a taste of Mexican hospitality! And now that we know he is cool with long trips. Everybody there was so nice to him and he is acting like a spoiled brat right now and he is being very smug about being such a good traveler. I just wish I could get him to take those sunglasses off!
....Well Milky says:
Mi casa es tu Casa Persi!

( our home is your home )

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

that's awesome! I am glad he weathered the trip well! We took our babies with us on vac also, I just do not want to leave them ever!
We took ours with us this summer to a cottage and they were awesome.

Could we get a picture of Persi in his designer sunglasses?
What a good boy he is. Bijou says he and Mika are proud of Persi for being such a good traveller.