This ones for the ladies....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How often do you buy/replace your bras? I'm currently planning on going to Victorias Secret eithor tomorrow or wed since they have their huge Semi-Annual sale going on. While i'm there, i plan to buy some new bras (and probably some cute new undies too). I really need some as i'm down to two at the moment since my chest grew and my others won't fit. How often do you normally replace your bras? I have two right now that fit and i've had them for about a year now (i NEVER go that long without replacing them, but money has been tight) I usually buy several nice ones and alternate them so they last longer.
I can't wait to go shopping!
I started saving up a while back for my trip to the mall this week

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dunno... this sounds like something men would be interested in too.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate bra shopping.
I cannot do underwire, and 99.9% of the lycra and/or lace in traditional bras breaks me out terribly.
I only wear very well made sports bras, I'm totally in love with Bally's sports bras.
They do need replaced about every year or so though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by churchi4cubs

I dunno... this sounds like something men would be interested in too.
lol probably so

Originally Posted by Arlyn

I hate bra shopping.
Oh I LOVE shopping!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really sure.... I guess whenever they need to be? I buy all mine from VS, in their PINK collection, they are really pretty cheap and I love them. VS is the only place that I can find bra's that fit like a charm!

Have fun shoppin!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd be thrilled to find some nice pretty bras without wire and/or padding. I was in a local lingerie chainstore recently and every bra was padded and had wire. I could use a couple new ones myself, but can't find any that are without the "fixins".

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I hate bra shopping.
I cannot do underwire, and 99.9% of the lycra and/or lace in traditional bras breaks me out terribly.
I only wear very well made sports bras, I'm totally in love with Bally's sports bras.
They do need replaced about every year or so though.
I hate bras period, expensive, cheap, wires, no wires,
Worse piece of clothing ever. Sometimes I wear tank tops under my shirts

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'd be thrilled to find some nice pretty bras without wire and/or padding. I was in a local lingerie chainstore recently and every bra was padded and had wire. I could use a couple new ones myself, but can't find any that are without the "fixins".
Padding... isn't that false advertising?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh me, too! I cant stand the padded or underwire. I have found a few that were not padded but did have the underwire. And to find one that is "pretty" is almost impossible to find.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm not really sure.... I guess whenever they need to be? I buy all mine from VS, in their PINK collection, they are really pretty cheap and I love them. VS is the only place that I can find bra's that fit like a charm!

Have fun shoppin!
Thanks KEnzie! I will!
I'm a Victorias Secret freak!!!!: I love that store

Oh I hate underwire too! I've actually figured out how to take it out of my nice bras when it bothers me
All you do is snip two tiny tiny cuts on eithor side of the cup...then gently work the underwire out of it (it takes a minute)....you can put it back in or leave it out

Originally Posted by halfpint

I hate bras period, expensive, cheap, wires, no wires,
Worse piece of clothing ever. Sometimes I wear tank tops under my shirts
I love bras....i just hate them when they get to be worn out or unfomfortable.

Originally Posted by churchi4cubs

Padding... isn't that false advertising?
No...it's not,at least not the thinly padded ones. It keeps other things from miraculiously appearing ...so to speak...when the weather gets cold. Ladies help me out here

Originally Posted by Pami

Oh me, too! I cant stand the padded or underwire. I have found a few that were not padded but did have the underwire. And to find one that is "pretty" is almost impossible to find.
Sometimes if you know your size and measurements, you can order offline and find more of a selection of pretty ones that are wireless and non-padded

Originally Posted by Pami

Keith, what are you doing in this thread?
That's what i was wondering

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I buy a bra or two maybe every three or four years, because I only wear them when I have a sheer top on in warm weather. Otherwise, I prefer camisoles (or nothing at all). I've always hated bras, and stopped wearing them in my mid-twenties.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I need to go get some new ones too.

I dont mind underwire. I have a big problem finding my size though. A few years ago, the only place that had my size was dillards and only one model too. It's starting to get better but it's hard when you have small inchage and big cups. Grr!

Lace also breaks me out. It didn't used to but it does now. I like lace but it has to have some fabric between the lace and my skin.

I'm going to try VS too

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least twice a year I will shop for myself. I normally buy two at that time and they last me the year. I alternate between them and I always buy white so I don't run into the dark bra light shirt thing.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I usually replace mine when the wire pops out and is driving me insane.

VS does not carry my size, so I shop from fredericks. Usually my bras last at least 6 months, but since it's so hard to find good bras (meaning fit well, support well, and actually look like something a 24 year old should be wearing vs an 84 year old!) that I typically only have 2 or maybe 3. I've gotten so I buy one particular one in several colors because it meets all of the above requirements.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

No.....it keeps your headlights off.

That what you were trying to say Nikki?
exactly what i was trying to say

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get a couple new bras a year, and throw a couple out every year. I also tend to buy them on super-clearance at department stores or at VS....I seem to be relatively easy to fit, which is nice and evens it out, since the only place I can buy pants is at the Gap (and that can get pricey)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am in the smaller band bigger cup place too... I found the Bali outlet was great .. got three bras for 21( two 7 and a 5 plus tax)... VS doesnt carry one to fit me

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a plus sized girl and I co to a place called Addition Elle to get my bras. I normally get about 4 bras a year and rotate them. I end up throwing out a couple per year.