Anyone like B movies?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH, our friend Abe, and I are watching Star Odyssey as I type this. It's one of those movies that are so bad it's good and should have been on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Anyone like that kind of bad movie? We sit here and make fun of them the whole night, it's a good time.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Anyone like that kind of bad movie?
The other day I had a good laugh watching "Ninja Assassin" for an hour. I don't think I can survive another B movie again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

The other day I had a good laugh watching "Ninja Assassin" for an hour. I don't think I can survive another B movie again.
Ohhhh... I haven't seen that one. It's going on the list!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This movie gets better and better. The music was composed on someone's keyboard. The translation was done by a five year old. And the special effects were done by a high school computer programming class! Ahhhh... I am in love.

Oh... and they just mentioned Charles Atlas! It doesn't get any better than that!

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

DH, our friend Abe, and I are watching Star Odyssey as I type this. It's one of those movies that are so bad it's good and should have been on Mystery Science Theater 3000. Anyone like that kind of bad movie? We sit here and make fun of them the whole night, it's a good time.
I haven't seen that one but we used to buy crappy old movies from Walgreens and old rental places for that purpose. I don't know where else you can find such gems as "Memorial Day Massacre" or "Lethal Ninja". The latter had us dying with laughter because the scenes were out of order, the ninja was really not that stealthy, and...well...he kinda had a mullet.

Incase anyone else is a big MST3K fan and isn't aware of it, Mike Nelson has a site now where you can purchase audio tracks of them making fun of current movies like LOTR, Top Gun, and The Phantom Menace. http://www.rifftrax.com/

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love B movies, especilly the dragstrip and biker gang ones. They are hilarious. "Chopper Chicks From Zombie Town" is a classic. "Kitten WIth A Whip" is another one that comes to mind. I saw both of them on Mystery Science Theater 3000. I also love the old beach jiggle movies.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you should mention bad B movies...
Comcast on demand is currently running Amazon Women On The Moon, a classic B.

Yes, I love them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love them!!! When I'm feeling well enough I actually want to invite some of my friends over for a "B Movie" weekend. They can camp out in my living room and we can spend the whole weekend just watching "B Movies."

My favourite movie of all time is "Fantastic Voyage", though I don't really think it was classed "B" when it was released.

Typically a "B" movie was a movie made specifically with the intention of being a second feature movie and not a headliner.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Typically a "B" movie was a movie made specifically with the intention of being a second feature movie and not a headliner.
I wondered where that term came from - cuz there are so many B movies that I think are great! My DH and I enjoyed "Journey to Shiloh", and it was listed as a B-movie, the info button gave it 2 stars, and it was really good (kinda hokey story line). And it starred James Caan, and it co-starred Jan Michael Vincent and Harrison Ford, who were so young, that H.F. wasn't recognizable (plus they darkened his skin to show his Indian heritage)

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I wondered where that term came from - cuz there are so many B movies that I think are great! My DH and I enjoyed "Journey to Shiloh", and it was listed as a B-movie, the info button gave it 2 stars, and it was really good (kinda hokey story line). And it starred James Caan, and it co-starred Jan Michael Vincent and Harrison Ford, who were so young, that H.F. wasn't recognizable (plus they darkened his skin to show his Indian heritage)
I absolutely loved that movie, it came on tv just the other day here in Mississippi, I tivo'd it and now I have made a dvd of it so I can watch it any time I want.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i like the old 70's kung fu movies
So do I. I was a huge fan of Bruce Lee, and got into Jackie Chan's films way before he became known in the West. The quality improved in the 80s and 90s, though. I still love "A Chinese Ghost Story" (parts 1 ,2, & 3), "A Better Tomorrow", etc.. Now U.S. cinematographers are remaking Chinese films - "The Departed" is the U.S. version of "Infernal Affairs" (with Tony Leung, who also starred in "Hard Boiled" and "Hero", a.o.).

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have quite the collection of B movies, and some that could probably be classified lower than that. I love B horror and 70's exploitation films. I know this isn't technically a B movie, but is anyone else totally excited about the upcoming "Grindhouse" film? Rose McGowan has a machine gun for a leg-- and it has zombies!! http://www.worstpreviews.com/trailer.php?id=65&item=1

Zombie horror is my favorite! I just finished watching "Black Mama/White Mama" and a really goofy zombie movie called "Night of the Dead"- not "living dead" mind you.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I absolutly love B movies! I collect many of the original versions of MST3K movies. I think I have a cast-iron stomach sitting through "Pod People", "Angels Revenge" and "Prince of Space" without Mike/Joel and the 'bots.