Who else is sittin home alone with the kits for New Years?

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wonderin who else is home tonite. Sorry to be a downer, but New Years just seems to suck for me every single year and the only steadfast, unconditional love I get is from my kitty's.
I was dating a guy for years. We met on New years about 9 years ago, yet every New Year following that something always happened and we wound up not together (usually his choice cause he was a partier, I wasn't). I have hated New Years for years because of this. To me New Years is a big couples nite, just a night that should be shared, but he never thought that way. It was always a party night for him. Well we finally split last year around the holidays (mostly because I had had enough of being blown off), but started kinda seeing a bit of each other this year again. So I guess I was looking forward to spending New Years with him. I was thinking of it as possibly a new beginning? Starting over? Something. I bought some new clothes, started to get ready, then I get a message telling me he forgot he made other plans last night and have a good new years. Needless to say I am very hurt and pretty much in tears right now. Everytime I get my hopes up - he crashes them down like this. I don't know who he's going out with tonite. He hasn't dated anyone else since we split, but he did go to a wedding last night with a friend of his and I can't help but wonder if he either met someone there or hooked up with his friend for tonite. It's just odd for him to suddenly say he's got plans. Mind you this message was around 5pm tonite!! Either way it sucks. He goes to one place and one place only for New Years and this is the first year he isn't going there. It's just very odd and I can't help but wonder if there's more to this story than he's saying. Anyways - it just sucks so bad and I don't think he realizes just how much he hurts me every time he does this (and how stupid I feel falling for it every time)
So - kids are going to their friends house and I'll be home alone - crying all night - again. Why should this year be any different?

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will to DH has to work Graveyard but I'm kinda used to it, I usually cook Steak & Lobster so we have a nice dinner, and I don't really care to be out with all the Crazy people

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I should have tried to be some support for you, I'm sorry that you are feeling sad but why would you want to keep counting on him to do what you think is right, Maybe you need to change the way you are looking at New Years Eve, It's not all about couples at all. Don't you have a friend who isn't married or connected to someone that you enjoy having a good time with?
If I may I would like to leave you with something because I think it's so true, Maybe it won't mean quit the same thing to you as it did to me when I read it, First let me say that I lost the Love of my life in 1995 we were married for 32 years I was 16 he was 18 when he died I thought my life was over, then I remarried 9 years ago to a Great Person and I do Love him but it is nothing close to the same, he is nothing like My first DH but I know I can't change him he's a very good provider and a Smart wonderful guy and a Great Companion. But I finally realized that if I couldn't have what I wanted I needed to learn to be Happy with what I have, One Day my Daughter sent me this Writing and then I realized that you can't count on someone else to make you Happy only You can do that. I will leave it on here for you, It's just Food For Thought Hugs to you because I know your hurting

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THE SUBTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOLDING A HAND AND CHANGING A SOUL,

AND YOU LEARN THAT LOVE DOESNT MEAN LEANING AND COMPANY DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN SECURITY, AND YOU BEGIN TO LEARN THAT KISSES ARENT CONTRACTS AND PRESENTS ARENT PROMISES

AND YOU BEGIN TO ACCEPT YOUR DEFEATS WITH YOUR HEAD UP AND YOUR EYES AHEAD WITH THE GRACE OF A WOMAN NOT THE GRIEF OF A CHILD.

AND YOU LEARN TO BUILD ALL YOUR ROADS ON TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROWS GROUND IS TOO UNCERTAIN FOR PLANS AND FUTURES HAVE A WAY OF FALLING DOWN IN MID FLIGHT.

AFTER AWHILE YOU LEARN THAT EVEN SUNSHINE BURNS IF YOU GET TOO MUCH SO YOU PLANT YOUR OWN GARDEN AND DECORATE YOUR OWN SOUL INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR SOME ONE TOO BRING YOU FLOWERS,

AND YOU LEARN THAT YOU REALLY CAN ENDURE.... YOU REALLY ARE STRONG... YOU REALLY DO HAVE WORTH... AND YOU LEARN AND YOU LEARN WITH EVERY GOODBYE, YOU LEARN

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm alone with the kitties tonight too, but I'm okay with it
Sorry New Year's is such a crappy time for ya
my friend's are out of town, my sister is sick, but she might be going out but of course didn't invite me
my firend is doing his own thing, we might get together later, but until then I'm watching the I love the 80s marathon on VH1
this is actually the first New Year's I'll be by myself

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't "gone out" for new years eve for quite a while-once in a while we might eat out for lunch then catch a movie in the afternoon!! Tonite is football though. We already had our "usual" new yrs eve meal of peel and eat shrimp for Neil and Crab legs/claws for me. I had bruscheta and dessert but only ate a couple forks of my tiramisu!! The prosecco (me again !) is half gone but no more for tonite. I don't want to punish my stomach as its been bad enough this year.
Its foggy and rainy outside too and supposed to get icy later.
Do you have any movies to watch tonite or put on some music and dance around your house!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was really hoping to spend New Year's Eve with some friends of ours, but considering it's 6:00 and we haven't heard from them, I kinda doubt that's going to happen.
I guess we'll see if they call or not.
If not, we have two bottles of spumanti (champagne), the Bears game, and the SVU marathon. I'm sure if we do stay home DH will spend most of the night playing WOW, so I may as well be alone.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lisa, that is just not right. Dont answer his phone calls for a few days and think it over. He could have done more than message you. You know you have all of us here, so stay strong and dont let anyone "try" to bring you down for the new year.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm staying home with my four furbabies, and thats the way I like it. I've gone out on NYE, and I really don't enjoy being around all of the drunks barfing all over the place. No, it's much easier and much more pleasant to stay home.

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will also be spending a nice quiet evening at home with my kitty. Honestly, that is the way I like it!
Catfriend

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup i am alone. DH is playing with a band tonight..i was goin to go with but i had to work tonight, and tommrow, and the weather got really bad..took him over two hours to get there..so...

i am bummed but i have the babies.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me! Me! Me!
But i'm not upset about it. I wanted to stay home tonight- i'm having a deliscious freschetta pizza and some bacardi silver peach!
And i'm going to watch the ball drop. I worked all day long- so now i just wanna sit around at home and unwind. I took down some of the Christmas decorations a few minutes ago (still have the tree up
) and now i'm just hanging out. Colins at home for a few minutes (when he's on duty and his district includes his house (it varies) sometimes he will stop in once in a while)
So hopefully he'll be around later to kiss me at 12.
I ususally like to stay at home on NYE and celebrate with my friends/family and have a few drinks. I wouldn't normally mind going to a bar or resturant to celebrate (last year Colin and I went to buffal wild wings) but since i've worked all day, staying in and celebrating here sounds divine!
I hope everyone has a great new years!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not home alone but I am here at my friends ohouse just hanging out watching tv and hanging out with her kitty!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is just me and DH tonight with our kitties as normal. Every year I wish someone would invite us to a party, but no one ever does. Our place is too small to have one here. Last party we went to was for the new millineum.

So, we are just going to have cheese, summer sausage and crackers. We will most likely was the new Pirates of the Carabbean movie (again) or one of our other movies.

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm home alone. It kind of stinks but I'm more of a homebody than a go out and get drunk kind of guy. It would have been nice to go out for a nice dinner and a movie with a sweet young lady, but alas, there are none to be found right now.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

It is just me and DH tonight with our kitties as normal. Every year I wish someone would invite us to a party, but no one ever does. Our place is too small to have one here. Last party we went to was for the new millineum.

So, we are just going to have cheese, summer sausage and crackers. We will most likely was the new Pirates of the Carabbean movie (again) or one of our other movies.
i watched that last night when i couldnt sleep tehehe..

tonight is A knights Tale

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just me and the furries here too, but thats how we had it planned
We got "Cars" and "Over the Hedge" from netflix, having a couple of lattes', some cucumber sandwiches with diced tomato, handing out treats and watching movies.