Stupid owners!

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm at my friend's house in Maryland right now. My dogs are at home in VA. My mom called me today to tell me that yesterday they had another incident with Foxy (I posted about one on here previously. This is the third one now). They were out taking my dogs for a walk when Foxy (offleash!) FLEW at Daisy and proceeded to fight with her. My mom said that she picked up Benji (because my dad told her to) and my dad kicked Foxy until she let Daisy go. Daisy wasn't hurt, but Foxy was limping. My parents took my dogs right home and my dad called Animal Control.

After talking to Foxy's owners, the lady from animal control said that Foxy was bleeding and her owners denied knowing anything had happened!
Animal Control just told those people they needed to keep their dog under control. Animal Control said there is no leash law in Fauquier County, which is BS because I have a printout from the COUNTY WEBSITE in the drawer at home that says there is! (My parents didn't know about the printout so nothing was said about that). So yeah. Another incident with that da** boxer, Foxy. Those people don't like us, but if they'd keep their dog on a &%%^% leash this wouldn't happen!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not taking sides here, but I feel sorry for Foxy if it was limping and bleeding, it needs to be seen about.

I am sorry that it attacked your dogs though.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope the people that own Foxy have enough sense to take her to the Vet.
If she's limping and bleeding she needs attention.
But if they denied that anything happened it sure doens't sound like they'll be doing that anytime soon.

Okay, I'll admit I don't know anything about what animal control would call abuse, but wouldn't you think that if they go into a home and see an animal limping and bleeding they'd demand that the animal be seen by a Vet and then make a follow up visit to be sure it's done?

Foxy needs to be taken from these people and re-homed with someone who'll look after her.

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you have no luck with AC I would contact your local and county sheriff, even if just to get suggestions on how to handle this. (And if there is a leash law I would be giving AC an angry call back) I would want to leave a paper trail incase something does happen or another animal is injured so the police will know this was not just an accident and the owners have a history of letting their dog run.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweet72947

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

I hope the people that own Foxy have enough sense to take her to the Vet.
If she's limping and bleeding she needs attention.
But if they denied that anything happened it sure doens't sound like they'll be doing that anytime soon.
I don't know how bad the wound was. It could have been a superficial cut that was bleeding. And sometimes dogs limp if they twist something. I hope if its more serious that these people take her to the vet. In my small neighborhood we live in $700,000 homes. It doesn't mean we're all rich, but they should certainly have money to take care of their dog. If I see Foxy with any festering wounds, I will make another call to Animal Control.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I am not taking sides here, but I feel sorry for Foxy if it was limping and bleeding, it needs to be seen about.

I am sorry that it attacked your dogs though.
I don't think that's taking sides, its showing concern for the dog because its not her fault that she has bad owners that neglect her by letting her run loose and get into situtiations like this.
And I do hope all of the dogs are okay as well.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I don't think that's taking sides, its showing concern for the dog because its not her fault that she has bad owners that neglect her by letting her run loose and get into situtiations like this.
And I do hope all of the dogs are okay as well.
Thanks for posting that, cause I certainly didn't want anyone to think I didn't care, but I do believe too that it wasn't Foxys fault.

I do hope that her owners get Foxy seen about.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Daisy - those experiences cause her undue stress and pain during what should be a happy,carefree walk with "Grandma" and "Grandpa"

It may be a blessing in disguise that you have to tackle the problems with Foxy. Her owners are unwilling to admit that she is causing problems, and someone other than you might take it upon themselves to "rid" the community of the problem...today's news includes the arrest of a 55yo woman who poisoned a dog for incessant barking (the AC said that the other neighbors denied the dog barked too much, but that is relative - my sis was in a neighborhood where her dog was blamed erroneously because the neighbors were afraid to make the barking dog's owner mad. My nephew-dog was absolved when I brought him to my mom's, took him to the vet to prove where he was staying, and the complaints continued).
Poor Foxy- her owners are just like overly-permissive parents who consider themselves to be extra-loving but in reality don't love enough to be bothered dealing with their charges. Sounds like AC doesn't want to be bothered either