NEW MEMBER .......... need answers!!!

jonijoni

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I am new here and need help finding what I want. I am looking for a solid white Persian (like the Royale kittens). What is the name for these kittens, I thought it was the silver persians but am now confused. My next question is what kind of questions should I be asking my breeder? I am only looking for a pet but it must be a kitten, if it doesn't come spayed/neutered I will get that done as I am not interested in breeding. What is the price range that I should be looking at spending? Please let me know what you think so I don't sound like a complete moron when I talk to the breeder. I have been researching this type for almost a year now on my own but would now like some help. I am also not a 1st time pet owner, I have always had pets in my home with the exception of the last 2 years. I look forward to your advice and comments. Joni

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site:

There is a nice thread right now about what to ask a breeder (should be on the same page as your thread) - take a look at that for some answers.

The Fancy Feast cats are chinchilla persians. You also have the darker shaded silvers. The persians are not white but very lightly tipped with black.

If you are looking for those types of cats, then do the websearch for shaded silver/chinchilla persian breeders. If you like the cats you see in that cattery, then email the breeder and tell them you are interested in a pet quality, your preference of male or female, and prefer they be neutered/spayed. Most breeders now will include the spaying/neutering in the price so they are assured their cats are done and not used in a breeding program. Persians are more common, so prices should be a little lower (depends on the cattery, how many grand champions they have, etc.). I would guess a nice pet chinchilla persian would cost you about $400-600. You have to remember the costs includes neutering, all shots, care/food, etc for 4 months. Most breeders will not let their kittens go until 3-4 months old - so don't expect to be getting an 8 week old kitten

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Most breeders will not let their kittens go until 3-4 months old - so don't expect to be getting an 8 week old kitten
And if you find one that does, be aware that teh breeder probably is not a decent one. Cats really should not go until the 3-4 month range but a lot of unethical breeders who are looking to make a quick buck will sell them sooner.