Baby Jesus isn't a toy, Claire!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First off, I want to give my crew credit for their exemplary behavior this year regarding the Christmas tree. Other than a few ornaments knocked off the lower branches they've left it alone.

Then, early this morning, I heard a ruckus as something bounced down the front steps and was batted around the entry way. It was Claire have a grand ol' time with a much treasured ornament featuring Baby Jesus cradled in small nut shell.

I usually place it pretty high up on the tree so the cats can't get to it, so I was't sure how Claire had managed to get ahold of it. No damage done, though, so I carefully placed in back on the tree in what I thought was a safe spot.

Just a few minutes ago, I went back in the living room to find Claire batting the Christ Child around the living room floor.
She must have climbed on top of the entertainment center to knock it off. Anyway, since my precious angel (who's named for a saint, by the way) is so irreverent, the ornament is now safely put away.

I'm sure glad the Big Guy has a sense of humor!

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Claire!
Leave it to the angelic ones. That sounds like something Ariel would do (we call her our little angel girl).

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Claire IS god (you did see Dogma didn't you?)

If so, maybe she's batting at it because baby Jesus wasn't in a nutshell?

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can remember a couple of years ago when my nephew (5 or 6 at the time) had the police show up at the nativity scene. There was the cop car in the middle of it all. A day later Mary, Joseph, the Wise Men all were put in "time out " and facing the wall except for Baby Jesus.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I just read this, it reminded me that my tiny nativity was put in a drawer two weeks ago after a midnight raid by Sam. The wisemen and their donkey were found down the radiatior, Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus strewn all over the floor. They were grouped nicely in the window sill, where I thought they would be safe. I'm putting Christmas things away this afternoon and had totally forgot about them. Thanks for sharing this story, otherwise I would be making another trek to the attic to put them with everything else!

~Rhonda

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was little, I would make the figures from my nativity set play with not only my tree ornaments, but also my Playmobil figures. There's no party quite like one where Tinkerbell, Santa, Snoopy, Mickey Mouse, some puppies, Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and some barn animals are all hanging out together, I guess!

Oh, and I named the herald angel "Linda" when I was about 5. To this day, when I pull her out before Christmas, it's like "Linda! Nice to see you!"

Claire is such a silly girl!

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

That was absolutely hilarious! Not only is the story funny, but the way you told it was great!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

First off, I want to give my crew credit for their exemplary behavior this year regarding the Christmas tree. Other than a few ornaments knocked off the lower branches they've left it alone.

Then, early this morning, I heard a ruckus as something bounced down the front steps and was batted around the entry way. It was Claire have a grand ol' time with a much treasured ornament featuring Baby Jesus cradled in small nut shell.

I usually place it pretty high up on the tree so the cats can't get to it, so I was't sure how Claire had managed to get ahold of it. No damage done, though, so I carefully placed in back on the tree in what I thought was a safe spot.

Just a few minutes ago, I went back in the living room to find Claire batting the Christ Child around the living room floor.
She must have climbed on top of the entertainment center to knock it off. Anyway, since my precious angel (who's named for a saint, by the way) is so irreverent, the ornament is now safely put away.

I'm sure glad the Big Guy has a sense of humor!
Oh my goodness, I almost fell out of my chair laughing just now. This is one of the funniest things I have read lately.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe Claire was "saving" baby Jesus from one of her naughty feline counterparts?