The things are cats do that drives us crazy

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know we all love our furbabies as if they were our own children, but especially in mulitple cat households, these little love bugs can sure drive us nuts sometimes.

I have 5 cats,two of which are 7 month old Bengals. These kittens are the best cats ever, more like dogs then cats actually. But sometimes they drive me crazy. One thing they do is play with my hanging blinds, it gets pretty noisey, I swear they just run back and forth through the blinds, it drives me nuts when im trying to watch a movie, cause the blinds are right behind the couch. One other thing they do, is if im behind any closed door, like in the bathroom for example, they stay right by the door and meow, now this isnt a normal meow, this is a loud howling/cry, which at first I thought was cute, I know they just want to be where I am, but I cant do anything by myself without this horrible sounding yowling.

Oh and then there is my fat cat Isabelle. She is the most awesome cat ever! Everyone who meets her falls in love instantly, shes got charm.
However once in a while, not everyday or anything, she will walk around the house for hours just meowing at nothing, I mean hours. This doesnt happen often, and Im pretty sure she just wants to go outside,but putting her outside is not an option, so she meows and meows and meows all throughout the house.
I guess my cats are pretty talkative.

Of course I love my babies, I cant imagine my life without them, but sometimes they drive me nuts. What about you guys?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nate just found one of my tea-light holders down the back of the sofa. Bent out of shape. And Radar's bedding pulled out of his bed and over his food and water bowls, it had soaked up all the water. And then there's his ongoing obsession with trying to climb up the inside of my trouser legs, which hurts

Love him to bits though

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minx is obsessed with cleanliness, which means although they mostly go to the toilet outside, when they do have to use the litter tray she is there for absolutely ages scraping away and then she starts scraping on the wall too...I do clean the tray as soon as she's finished with the poopy part as I never interfere with whats natural to them, but she is there forever! and it drives me mad!

The only thing Indie does is ignore the scratch post and insist on using my leg!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses loves playing with clock/phone cords on our nightstands at 4 or 5 in the morning. This morning she was playing with my clock cord and then she decided to wedge herself (I have no idea how she did it) under my bureau and proceed to scratch at the carpet and just go nuts.

Then, and this is actually kind of cute, at about 3 this morning she kept dragging her favorite toy (the ribbons and a bell on the end of an elastic on a plastic rod) into the bedroom, and wedging it between the bed frame and the mattress. Then she plays with it, so now I don't just have the ring of the bell, I have it clacking against the bed. After the 2nd time I put it in my top drawer until morning.

The funny part is what she did next. This toy has a plastic clip that allows you to seperate a piece of the elastic with the bell and ribbons from the rest of the toy. A few days ago I realized she likes it when it's hanging off the top of her condo, so I took an extra one and put a nail through a hole on the side of the handle and nailed it to the top of her condo, so now it's always dangling from it. She figured out that if you pull hard enough because of that clip, the toy will come apart and she can drag the ribbons and bell throughout the house. Well after I put the first toy in my drawer, 15 minutes later I hear her dragging half of the other toy into the bedroom *lol*

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashleigh

when they do have to use the litter tray she is there for absolutely ages scraping away and then she starts scraping on the wall too.
I call cats that do this "the snitch". My Scarlett not only scratches for about 10 minutes after her own business, but will go into the litter boxes to make sure that every else's is covered. She is also the one that tries to bury any hair balls she comes across, along with the dog food bowls, the food she doesn't like, the water bowl, treats, and on and on. We don't need to trim her claws - she is dulling them all day long.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I call cats that do this "the snitch". My Scarlett not only scratches for about 10 minutes after her own business, but will go into the litter boxes to make sure that every else's is covered. She is also the one that tries to bury any hair balls she comes across, along with the dog food bowls, the food she doesn't like, the water bowl, treats, and on and on. We don't need to trim her claws - she is dulling them all day long.
Reeses goes in there just to scratch I think. She'll be in there for 5 minutes and I know she's not doing anything else

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First night home Puff chewed my cord of my retractable mouse. He hadn't been home a half hour when he did that....

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Minx also covers Indies, he's a dirty so and so!

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Claude demands showers from me if I have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Tegato acts like I am going to drown when I take baths. He howls and splashes me in the face with water using his paws.

My adorable kitten Starbuck keeps biting my nose. She starts cleaning my nose but ends up nipping.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trent is a whiney butt.
But even after 7 years it's still cute, and he doesn't do it too often.

We try to be polite to the kitties and when we need them to move (i.e. we're carrying something large, or walking up the stairs) we say "Excuse me" so they know we are coming that way. Works perfectly with Trent and Ophelia, and Mojo is catching on (though she doesn't stay still long enough for us to worry about too much yet). But Ginger just plants herself and just will not move.
She's especially bad about stretching out on one of the stairs and refusing to move.

Mojo is a doll, and I love that she thinks I'm her Mommy, but when she wakes me up 3-4 times between 2:00 and 6:00 in the morning to knead and lick and suckle my neck it does get a bit maddening. Thankfully I've had these last few days off so I can sleep in, but when I go back to work I have no idea what I'm going to do.