cat jumped on me

gloves808

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went outside and walked with our outdoor cats. They enjoy it everytime I do it. This one cat I have, I was petting her and she was being extremely affectionate as usual, but then I continued to walk and she like.. jumped up off the side of my thigh! I've never seen behavior like this from her! Her claws weren't out either. She was unbelieveably happy after that. I have never seen any of my cats do this. I take this as like.. a person clicking their heels. Anyone ever have their cats jump when they're happy? Like a rabbit?

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Russian Blue - Stoli, does this at least 3 or 4 times a day - inside or outside. He gets LOTS of love and kisses when he does this. It's the best feeling when he does this - I just LOVE it. He jumps up and I bend a hair to catch him so it's like he jumped the whole way up. I kiss the side of his face a bunch while I rub the otherside and he just tilts his head back and closes his eyes. . .it's a dream.

delilah_blue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a great feeling that must've been! I call my Blue my "parrot" because she will jump off furniture onto my shoulders, then wrap her body around my neck and just ride there purring while I go about my business. She is not full-grown yet, but I hope she doesn't get too big to keep doing this!

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two kittens do that too when they tackle each other down. They suddenly becomes flying cats!! hahahaha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gloves808

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
have you guys ever had your cats butt heads with you? what does this mean? i heard it's like... a sign of respect, right? just wondering

I sure love my kitties! hehe

nonstop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Russian Blue does this too! He'll jump and hug my leg like he's trying to tackle me, almost certainly if I'm running up our steps. He's a riot.

He used to jump into my arms when he was younger but he hasn't done it in awhile.