What Brand of Litter?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering what brand of litter you use? I use Tidy Cats multi-cat litter. Yeah I know I only have one. But I figured if it's good for multiple cats it should do a super good job for 1.
I add Arm in Hammer to it though for a fresh scent.

I live in a small apartment though and every time he defecates I can smell it for a little while. So I was thinking maybe a change of litter is in order? Or maybe I can't stop it? The litter box has a carbon filter on it so that should help a little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I just use no name brand litter..It does the trick!
Everytime I've done that the litter has been way to dusty for me to use it. I start sneezing everytime I pour it into the pan.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the Tidy-Cat multi cat litter also. I've heard tell of better litters, but to be honest, about half the tribe are very picky about their boxes, and having one litter that ALL of them will use suites me just fine, so I think I'll leave it alone

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I use the Tidy-Cat multi cat litter also. I've heard tell of better litters, but to be honest, about half the tribe are very picky about their boxes, and having one litter that ALL of them will use suites me just fine, so I think I'll leave it alone
Do you also have a problem smelling it right after they use the box? My house is small so I figure that has somethin to do with it though.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tidy Cats Tidy Lock...although I think I mentioned it here before it works so well that I FORGET to scoop every day

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use Fresh Results cat litter. Its a corn cob based litter. And we all like it. Not dusty at all when you pour and its lightly scented so no over powering smell of perfume.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For health and financial reasons, I use chicken crumbles (chicken feed). All organic, no fragrance, and cheap!! The cats like it too, well one of them doesn't seem to like it, and for him I use wheat scoop. Funny hoe the other two never go in his box, which is very small and only for peeing. He poops in the other boxes. Not going to mess up his wheat scoop. If the cats cover after they poo, no smell, but mister fuss budget doesn't cover his poop, and he reeks. If I am not there at that special moment, it hits you as soon as you walk in the house. Not ot worry, a few squirts of orange scents (all natural) and it is gone until the next time.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use Fresh Step multi cat litter. We (should I say DH...
) occasionally get the Tidy Cats by mistake and we find it SOOOO dusty compared to Fresh Step - I sneeze and sneeze when pouring it in.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use chn feed but may be switching to a local litter made from soy and potato... I just have a 10 lb bag of the new and if I can get a big bag affordabley I will switch mainly for the fact it is a locally made product

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally use what is on sale at the time. I don't use the store brand tho even if it is cheaper. Too much dust and it doesn't do anything for the smell. I might try chicken feed sometime tho

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Arm & Hammer Multi Cats!!!! And I swear- it is the best out of anything i've ever tried- and i've tried just about everything

I'll put it this way- i recently had 5 male foster kittens (i still have two of them) - when they go potty- you can't smell it at all!!!!! It controls the odor instantly- and it keeps controling it even if you forget to scoop! That stuff gets my vote!
My girls love it too

As far as tiny tiny foster kittens go though- i use Swheat Scoop- it's aweful on odor- but it is completly safe and non-toxic for kitties that get a bit curious when first learning to use the litter pan- if they ingest the litter- it won't hurt them. It's also scoopable

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I use Arm & Hammer Multi Cats!!!! And I swear- it is the best out of anything i've ever tried- and i've tried just about everything

I'll put it this way- i recently had 5 male foster kittens (i still have two of them) - when they go potty- you can't smell it at all!!!!! It controls the odor instantly- and it keeps controling it even if you forget to scoop! That stuff gets my vote!
My girls love it too

As far as tiny tiny foster kittens go though- i use Swheat Scoop- it's aweful on odor- but it is completly safe and non-toxic for kitties that get a bit curious when first learning to use the litter pan- if they ingest the litter- it won't hurt them. It's also scoopable
hm... Maybe I'll have to try the Arm in Hammor then. I add it to the litter but I've never tried their brand of litter.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

hm... Maybe I'll have to try the Arm in Hammor then. I add it to the litter but I've never tried their brand of litter.
It's amazing!!! You won't be disapointed. It's also scoopable and clumping- so it's really easy to clean out. It controls odor incredably well- i've had my foster kittens as well as my own girls put it to the test
I started out using the Super Scoop- then someone recommended the Multi Cats to me- and once I tried that one I stuck with it. Out of everyting i've tried (and the list is too long to type
) for me, the arm and hammer multi cats seems to do the best job...especially when you have more than one kitty. Also I think that sometimes the website runs specials where you can print off cupons- you might wanna check that out
It's pretty reasonable as well- for the medium/small sized box it's around $7. For the large one (which is what I normally buy- it's around $11. and it lasts a while.)

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

It's amazing!!! You won't be disapointed. It's also scoopable and clumping- so it's really easy to clean out. It controls odor incredably well- i've had my foster kittens as well as my own girls put it to the test
I started out using the Super Scoop- then someone recommended the Multi Cats to me- and once I tried that one I stuck with it. Out of everyting i've tried (and the list is too long to type
) for me, the arm and hammer multi cats seems to do the best job...especially when you have more than one kitty. Also I think that sometimes the website runs specials where you can print off cupons- you might wanna check that out
It's pretty reasonable as well- for the medium/small sized box it's around $7. For the large one (which is what I normally buy- it's around $11. and it lasts a while.)
Sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Sounds great. Thanks for the recommendation.
No problem!
I hope you're able to find something that you like for you and your kitties

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

I use Swheat Scoop.

One question about using chicken feed: does it still clump?
Yes very very well ....