Back in Memphis!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, after driving all day long, we're finally back in Memphis now!
Yea! / Colin, Fosters (dog) and I went to Mobile,AL to see his family right after Christmas and spend a few days there. It was really nice
. While we were near there, we also spent a day in New Orleans! I took lots of pictures- so i will post them when I get a chance. It was crazy- some parts looked like they didn't even get hit by Katrina- and some parts were completly gone. Overall, it was a great trip though! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
I'm stuck working at the crack of dawn tomorrow- so no rest for me.
Haha, I still have to catch up with all the threads and take down the Christmas decorations

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you made it back in safe and sound. I was thinking about you and Colin with the weather that was coming through.

I have a friend that owns a restaurant in the French Quarters in New Orleans, he said he didnt get hit at all.

Welcome back!!! I bet your kitties missed you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Glad you made it back in safe and sound. I was thinking about you and Colin with the weather that was coming through.

I have a friend that owns a restaurant in the French Quarters in New Orleans, he said he didnt get hit at all.

Welcome back!!! I bet your kitties missed you!
Thanks Pam! We had some AWEFUL weather on the way back- it porured down rain the entire time and people were driving crazy!
He kept counting all of the cars he wanted to write tickets to if they came into Bartlett (where he's a cop)
) Fosters enjoyed the car ride though! He was so sweet the whole time! I swear that dog lives to go on road trips
/ We went to the French Quarters - We spent a while just going up and down it...we ate lunch at one of the resturants there that serves Po Boys..(i don't remember the name, but i think i took a picture! I will have to see!) and then we had bengeits (sp?) and cafe o lai's (sp?) at Cafe du Monde- it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!
And rediculiously crazy there!!! Haha....it was packed and there were pigeons and powdered sugar everywhere
We also hit the market place and a ton of other sites. I didn't really buy much- but i did snap a few pictures. Unfortunately they're all on my camera phone- everyone forgot their cameras- so i'm afraid the quality won't be super. I'll download and share them if they turn out good
/ I'm glad your friends resturant didn't get hit. It looks like it was really just scattered out- some parts got hit (and pretty much destroyed) and some didn't get more than a shingle or two off of them). The area by the superdome and also going into the city looked aweful- i cried when i saw it. I don't even wanna know what the 9th ward looks like- we didn't even see that part- i can only imagine. I definitely applaud the people who were brave enough to go back and try to keep their city going- they're strong
. / The kitties were definitely excited to see us
My mom babysat them for us and spoiled them rotten

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats so funny Colin counting the cars who would get tickets

The weather was a lot better than what they anticiapated.

My friend owns Stella! and Stanley right in the middle of the French Quarter.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thats so funny Colin counting the cars who would get tickets

The weather was a lot better than what they anticiapated.

My friend owns Stella! and Stanley right in the middle of the French Quarter.
He ALWAYS does that- it gets annoying after a while. What can i say- he's a cop and he's a guy
I still love him though

How far is Birmingham from Mobile? We stayed in Mobile with his family- it's not too far from Saraland. And we cut across into Mississippi and headed home that way up through the state of MS and into Memphis. It takes around 6 hours normally- but in the rain and with a bunch of weirdos driving it took a bit longer than normal./ I believe I might have seen your friends Stella place, but i'm not sure- there were sooooooo many places! I was totally enjoying all of the architecture and the sights! NO is gorgeous!!! It was my first time really getting to stay there and spend some time in the city. (I had been 2x before but was only in and out of the city to go on my senior cruise a few years back- so we didn't get to see much). I really thought the mall there- i can't remember the name of it- was gorgeous! It was a 3story atrium and they had all of the trees inside of it decorated. I loved that
The whole shopping area was a lot bigger than i had thought it would be. It was really neat! The music wasn't quite as good as Beale Street imo..(i'm a memphis belle
)....but wow- it was soooo neat there! I totally want to go back! I can definitely see how people fall in love with that city. I'll try and upload the pictures off of my phone sometime in the next day or two- when i do, i'll share some
I got a few of Cafe du Monde and some of the really old buildings and street signs...hehe, and one of a cajun santa with mardi gras beads on it hanging off a roof top

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I bet you had a blast. I always love love going to New Orleans, although I havent been in a while.

I am about 4.5 hours away from Mobile.

I cant wait to see your pics!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh I bet you had a blast. I always love love going to New Orleans, although I havent been in a while.

I'm going to get some sleep now! ( I have to work in the morning...after driving all that way home
) I'm gonna feel like a zombie with pms
/ I'll try and upload the pictures tomorrow or soon after! I got some cute ones of the French Quarter you'd like! If they turn out well i'll send them your way!
Night!!! I'm off to sleep!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm going to get some sleep now! ( I have to work in the morning...after driving all that way home
) I'm gonna feel like a zombie with pms
/ I'll try and upload the pictures tomorrow or soon after! I got some cute ones of the French Quarter you'd like! If they turn out well i'll send them your way!
Night!!! I'm off to sleep!
You should sleep well to night. Sweet Dreams!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back
Gosh you were so missed these last couple of days
No really missed your great funny's. We alway's found things to laugh at
Glad you had a good time

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

How far is Birmingham from Mobile?

My MIL is originally from Birmingham. She's been visiting this weekend so my head is full of the accent! Why or why is it so easy to pick up!?! DH doesn't have an accent and he grew up in TN!!!