Get up or stay put?

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you are sitting on the couch and need to get up, but you have your favorite furball(s) sitting/sleeping on you, do you get up? stay put? think about it and then get up? think about it and forget what you were getting up for?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I need to do and which fur baby is on or near me.

I was doing something and had to sit down to take a rest break, then yes, I'll disturb them.

If it's Chynna, yes I will disturb her after a short while because she is such a cuddle bug that if I don't she will stay there all day long until she either wants to eat or use the litter box.

If it's Abby, I don't usually disturb her because she doesn't tend to cuddle for long periods. Usually 5 minutes is enough for her and then she's off doing her own thing.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually stay put. Actually my neck is a little sore because Chessy fell asleep on me while I was laying on the couch in a not too comfortable position.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually stay put...even have held any natural callings just for the sake that I don't get to spend a lot of time with Luna.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I usually just get up. My cats don't sit on me very often though so I don't really have that problem.
That's exactly why I DON'T get up... if it's Frankie on me that it. She cuddles so seldom that I enjoy it for as long as I can. If it's Wickett I know he'll come back after I do so I don't worry so much with him. Plus, he usually follows me when I get up anyway even if he's not sleeping on me.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stay put, and so does J -- unless we have to get up to go somewhere, like work or to a friend's house. We're complete suckers, and will even get each other drinks and such when one of us is pinned down by a lapcat. Of course this doesn't work very well when we both have cats on our laps ... (Spike and Oz like to do synchronized lap-napping.)