Bubble Tea

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not tea, and it doesn't have bubbles in it! Has anyone else ever had this? I had my first taste last night, and it was O.K. but obviously made from a mix. It would have been much better made with real fruit and fresh milk.

The huge straws and the tapioca balls are very weird and intriguing, though.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If done right it can be awesome... here the cafe makes there own bubble s and it is great

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colin and I get bubble tea all the time- it's deliscious if it's made right! I always get the Peach bubble tea with the tapioca in it
It's really trendy in a lot of Asian places....but since Colin's 1/2 Vietnamese, we were drinking it before most people found it. I love the stuff
/ Also- ya'll should try Vietnamese Ice Coffee- that stuff has a real kick to it!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't heard of this (the joys of living in Wisconsin!!)
Where do you buy it??

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just heard about bubble tea this month. It's becoming really popular in this part of the country. I've never tried it though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I haven't heard of this (the joys of living in Wisconsin!!)
Where do you buy it??
We got the bubble tea at a little sushi take-out place, where you order at the window. I had never heard of it either, but evidently it's been around Canada for a while. It's not too sweet, but is definitely different! The tapioca balls at the bottom were a definite turn-off for our eight year-old.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the stuff - at least when its done right. I had my first taste of it....something like 8 years ago now when I went to Canada - it was just getting started around then. My favorite is plain green tea with milk and tapioca balls, yum!!!

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We went to Sinagpore last year and I thought it would be great to order bubble tea. I had a hard time finding any, it had been popular earlier, but was not any longer. I did like it, a bit strange sucking those huge tapioca balls through a straw though. I won't say what my DH said it reminded him of.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, it is so addicting! But you must get it from a place that makes them right, otherwise they can taste gross. My DH and I love them, but try not to order them too often because they can be really high in calories. We don't have the great metabolisms we used to when we were younger!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year a new Asian restaurant named the bubble house opened in university city of Phila. I just heard of bubble tea over Xmas because my niece said her boyfriend bought her some for Xmas. THEN I heard about this restaurant. I will be checking it out soon. Hate to be the last to find out about stuff, but I guess that comes with old age. At least I know some young people that can keep me in the loop.