What are you going to be drinking?!?......

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's going to be in your glass On New Year's Eve????

I'm not much of a drinker, but I do indulge a couple times a year and since I actually have somewhere to go tomorrow night (and a place to sleep within stumbling distance, so no driving required), I WILL be drinking. So, today we went to the liquor store, but I just have no clue. I don't like the taste of alcohol, so I prefer either very mild tasting sipping drinks, or shots so I only have to put up with it short term lol. After hmming and hawing for a while, I impulse grabbed a bottle of Goldschlager (cinnamon schapps). But now I've been searching the web for cocktails I could make and am thinking about going and swapping it back for a bottle of triple sec, then grabbing a bottle of lime cordial or similar so I can fix kamakazes, since I have vodka at home. AND if my friends happen to bring the other ingredients, we can make long island ice teas.

So, what will you all be drinking tomorrow? And/or what's your drink of choice??? Any cocktail recipes you'd like to share?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

Pepsi on ice for me...
That's my usual, lol, though actually I like Coke a tinsey bit better. Cheers!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a bottle of chilled White wine in the fridge and am also chilling some Tosti Asti in the fridge. That's a mini one though....all for me.

B will be drinking his vodka and diet mt. dew mix

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps.
Mmmmmm! that sounds good, I've never thought of that!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
As I don't imbibe, I'll be a party-pooper and have Diet Pepsi; maybe some eggnog. BTW, there's a very nice non-alcoholic Southern Comfort flavor eggnog that we bought at Christmas. I usally don't like 'nog, but this was very good--nice and smooth. It also made great French toast batter!

We're planning our usual boring, gee aren't we the life of the party New Year's Eve: staying in with a good book, in front of the fire. Wow. Break out the party hats. The highlight will be Hobbes' reaction to the noise outside: he'll poop himself somewhere, and I'll probably step in it the next morning. (The poor cat is petrified of loud noises, and messes himself. He was an abused stray we took in.)

Happy 2007!

MargeCat

caterpillarpie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Tea with Irish creme or hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps.
that sounds delicious. But it's summer over here so I'll have to wait til winter. However tequila and beer are on the cards for me this newyears.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am going to be having some Smirnoff Twisted Grape and some Seagrams Strawberry Daquri.
That is what I am gonna be drinking, I love that stuff, gotta be careful though, it is so good you gotta watch how you drink it.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

What's going to be in your glass On New Year's Eve????

I'm not much of a drinker, but I do indulge a couple times a year and since I actually have somewhere to go tomorrow night (and a place to sleep within stumbling distance, so no driving required), I WILL be drinking. So, today we went to the liquor store, but I just have no clue. I don't like the taste of alcohol, so I prefer either very mild tasting sipping drinks, or shots so I only have to put up with it short term lol. After hmming and hawing for a while, I impulse grabbed a bottle of Goldschlager (cinnamon schapps). But now I've been searching the web for cocktails I could make and am thinking about going and swapping it back for a bottle of triple sec, then grabbing a bottle of lime cordial or similar so I can fix kamakazes, since I have vodka at home. AND if my friends happen to bring the other ingredients, we can make long island ice teas.

So, what will you all be drinking tomorrow? And/or what's your drink of choice??? Any cocktail recipes you'd like to share?
I tried that before but I didn't like it a whole lot, I have tried the Hot Damn, which is cinnimon schnapps also, and I liked it much better. I just drank it straight, it didn't leave a bad after taste at all.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I will not be driving, I won't have to confine myself to my usual ONE pre-dinner cocktail. I will be indulging in my favorite: Jack Daniels and Coke

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Since I will not be driving, I won't have to confine myself to my usual ONE pre-dinner cocktail. I will be indulging in my favorite: Jack Daniels and Coke
That's hubbys favorite too but he's not aloud to drink. He gets mean when he does.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

Goody for you, I hope you have a great time.

I will not be driving either, well I might hafta from my neighbors house, which is just around the corner. I will probably be to drunk to walk.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm I am not sure yet.
I have had A LOT of stomach upsets the past few months and on firiday I stayed home from work throwing up and having a bad tummy ache all day...sooooooo I dont think I am going to enjoying to many drinks

i would love to bring in the new year drinking great drinks esp my fave sex on the beach but I dont think i will. mmmm sprite on the rocks!

Thanks a lot belly!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's hubbys favorite too but he's not aloud to drink. He gets mean when he does.
Oh me too, at least when I drink liquor, when I just drink beer or "girlie beers" I am ok. I am sooooooooooooooooooooo nice when I am drinking though, just ask Neet.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well...for me....my kids will decide. If they are home tomorrow (and not at a friends or with their dad), then 1 small cocktail it is for me. If they are not with me tomorrow night and I don't have to worry about picking them up or what they're doing, then.....maybe a couple, two, three for me!
My drink of choice - either Bacardi Razz and diet or Three Olives Grape and RedBull.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After the month/week I've been having, I'm going out and drinking BEER. Its the only thing that doesn't make me sick.