Am I nuts?

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else hold conversations with their kits?
I'm not talking the usual, like when you get home, or at snuggle time and you ask things like "how's my baby?" or whatever. Cause I know we all do that

I'm talking that Sam has this meow that sounds like a baby's cry that I can imitate perfectly, so I give it back to him. We go on for several minutes this way, and he seems to love it.
Am I the only one that does this?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes. Expecially if I'm worried about something and I'm all alone. I'll have a full conversation with my pets...lol.. As far as bark or meow to them..no.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

Does anyone else hold conversations with their kits?
I'm not talking the usual, like when you get home, or at snuggle time and you ask things like "how's my baby?" or whatever. Cause I know we all do that

I'm talking that Sam has this meow that sounds like a baby's cry that I can imitate perfectly, so I give it back to him. We go on for several minutes this way, and he seems to love it.
Am I the only one that does this?
Oh yeah! 8-Bit and I have had conversations that have lasted a good 10 minutes. He's a chatty little fellow.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have daily conversations with mine. All of mine are very chatty, except Easy. I talk and they meow, I have never meowed at them. I would be afraid I would say the wrong thing.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk and they meow back, I've never meowed at them though. Normally I ask questions about their day

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a cat, but I do have a dog and I do talk to him, I do not bark or anything, just plain ole talk.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Chester and I chat all the time. I just wish that I knew what he was saying. Very often he will come into the room that I am in and meow at me.

He can be very vocal when he wants something like food or treats.

Also there will be times when he is off in another room and just start meowing. I have no idea who is talking too or what he wants. Sometimes I will call to him and say something like “Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m in here†or “come in here and tell me what you wantâ€.

These are the times when I really wish I could speak cat.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B and Patches does it all the time.

"Patches did she (me) do everything she was suppose to?"

"Me-ooo"

"No? What else do you need?"

"Mee-eew"

"Really? OK, I'll make sure she (me) does it"

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
u arent the only one
all my kitties have their own meows and I seem to hold conversations with them and their meows quit often
bella does it and well Stormie all the time cause she loves to talk, or I do it to Bella to get her talking...midnight meows when he wants something and we always hold conversations with and Willie has the softest and cutest meow, I love and miss his meow but he loves you to meow back and hold a mini convo and then be put on your shoulder but first he loves to give his paw

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk to all of my pets, cats, turtles, and geckos

I even talk to the various cats outside -strays/ferals and a neighbor's cat who adores me... I meow too, all of the various meows cats do. The neighbors probably think I'm crazy!

Depending on meow type, length, loudness, and the situation I can usually figure out what they mean

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I lock eyes with my little guy and stare at him for a few seconds he makes a "squeak" sound. It's so cute that sometimes imitate it without realizing it.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes we do we have meowing conversations Zinger and I do
And of course regular meowing and talking conversations also, I think they understand the biggest part of what you say, If I want them to come down stairs all I have to do is say " LOOK WHAT I'VE GOT"
They all come running. And they really do know what NO means. There really pretty smart

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I forgot about that. I talk to my cats "regular" now, but I used to meow at them to talk. It made for scintillating conversation, I tell you. For some reason, now I just talk English to my cats. I guess I'm too old for another language, LOL.

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I meow at mine all the time!!! Cierron will sit on the couch and stare at me with those huge gorgeous eyes, then mew. It's so cute I can't help mewing back, then he will meow again a bit differently, then I copy him...this goes on until Cierron gets bored! It's pretty fun actually, though he's probably thinking all the time how nuts I am...

The other conversation we have goes:

Cier: meeeeew
me: what?
Cier: meeeeeeeew
me: what??
Cier: mrrrrrowwwlll
me: What!!!
Cier: prrrrrup?
me: *picks him up and huggles him*

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do this all the time with our cats. With my domestics, I meow back to them. With my exotics, I can imitate bobcat calls and cougar chirps, that will have them talking back. However, I already knew I was crazy

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I talk to the kitties pretty often, and to my Lily quite a lot. She listens to me much better than my eight year-old daughter, and even answers me more consistently than my daughter.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Minx is the only one who is really vocal, so yeh we chat alot, sometimes I speak normally, or sometimes I'll attempt her talk, she seems to like when I 'BRRRP' back at her...if only I knew what it meant!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat named Sassy who talked constantly (hence the name) and we would have long conversations in cat-talk. She seemed to love it! My cats now aren't that vocal, but my husband has that low threatening meow down perfectly and torments the younger kittens with it. The older cats have learned to ignore him since he's not a threat, but the kittens arch their back and puff their tails at the sound! He is so bad!

Amber, this is the first time I've seen pics of your cats in your signature. They are absolutely gorgeous!!!