My X husband is an idiot!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Men!!! Arrrgghhhh...all men! My 15 year old daughter told her father 2 weeks ago that she was nearing the end of the life on her last pair of contact lenses (we buy them in 6 month supplies) and that she has had them in since mid November. Well he didn't listen to her and took that to mean she had just put them in 2 weeks ago and had a good month to go on them so he never made an eye appointment. So once he finally understood what she meant, he told her tough, wear your glasses till I'm ready to order them. She tried to tell her father that the glasses she had were over a year old, but he then he had an arguement with her that he bought her a new pair of glasses last April. She has been insisting the last appointment she had was Oct 05 and she remembered it distinctly because the eye doctor made them both late for soccer practice (her dad was the coach). But, typical man......because he was sure he was right he told her he was not going to order her anymore contact lenses until she found the "new" glasses he bought her. Arrrrggghhh...the glasses are a year and a half old! Because he was so gosh darn stubborn my daughter has since ripped a contact lense, has no glasses that are good, and no spare contacts. It is Saturday and I now have to travel 30 minutes to get to an eye appointment and pay for the complete appointment up front because they can't contact insurance companies on the weekends. I"m so mad at him. He's just so stubborn. I keep telling him it's like having 3 damn kids. He argues with them just as much as another child. It was me that sent him around town this morning in search of the date of her last appointment to prove to him that she was right - not him! He knows now he was wrong and I told him he owes her an apology!
Makes me so mad!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that your ex is so stupid when it comes to his daughter.

But at least he found out that she was right, I do hope that he apologizes to her too.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he definitely owes her an apology! It's not as if she was asking for a luxury or something that she didn't need - she needs her glasses to see! To me that's child neglect bigtime!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can sympathize with you on the ex husband thing. Mine is a real winner. Yesterday my 24 year old daughter called me in tears because she went to register for her classes winter term and there was a hold on her account. Last sememster, her tuition was supposed to be covered by an education fund her grandmother had set up for her when she was a baby. Well, her father (and I use that term cautiously), cashed in the fund and kept the money for himself. Now she's stuck with a $1000 bill and can't continue on until it's paid. I HATE EX's!

Good luck getting an appology from him. Yours may be different but mine would never appologize for anything. In his sick mind, he justifies everything and I just don't think he gets it at all.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope he does apoligize. Regardless of who was right he should have listened when she told him that she needed a new pair. Glad to hear that you were the more mature person and took care of her needs even though it was his responsibility.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I hope he does apoligize. Regardless of who was right he should have listened when she told him that she needed a new pair. Glad to hear that you were the more mature person and took care of her needs even though it was his responsibility.
Amen to that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went, got a temporary pair of contacts and she is good to go now. Thank goodness she'll be able to see what's going on when she gets back to school Tuesday.
As a side note, since I paid for the exam, I've deducting it from his weekly child support
(I pay him. Don't ask
).

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh! Men! They don't understand that at age 15 the eyes are still adjusting, so even if the glasses were bought back in April, she still needs the Eye appt to double check that they didn't change.

Plus although your daughter may not be like this, but at age 15 I would NOT leave the house without my contacts.

Anyways, at least she still has you for support. And hopefully he does apologize.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Plus although your daughter may not be like this, but at age 15 I would NOT leave the house without my contacts.
Believe me - I'm with you on this one! I wore contacts at her age too and you would not have caught me dead leaving the house with my glasses.

The only thing I really need her to get into the habit of though is removing her contacts around dinnertime to give her eyes a rest. She doesn't do this and she really needs too. She puts them in so early cause of school it makes the days too long. Once she gets some new glasses we'll work on that.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yeah, men are dum dums
Not all men.
We have some wonderful ones on this site and I know of a few DHs that are keepers.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Not all men.
We have some wonderful ones on this site and I know of a few DHs that are keepers.
hmmm you may have a point there. But let's say they are a RARE breed!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing that makes me more angry than to hear woman or men talk like this
I am sorry for your troubles, but please do not include ALL men into them. Each person has his or her problems, but that does not mean everyone acts the same way. I could call all woman liers, cheats and psychotic maniacs, because a girlfried who I was with for 5 yeas was just that. However, I know better and would never consider all woman to be like that. If I did, I would never be married to the wonderful woman I am with today