feeding wet to dry only cats

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've convinced my sister that wet food is better, I've bought the cans but want to know how much to give them first time around.
Would it upset their tummies if I give them a regular sized serving?

They will be eating dry in the morning and wet at night. The dry is measured out and eaten at one sitting, not free fed.
Currently they get 2 feedings of dry a day.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're concerned about tummy upset, you can try starting with just a spoonful and increasing each day. I don't think Odo had any problems when I brought him home and started him on just canned.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wet food isn't better all of the time. A good quality dry food is better than a bad wet food. There's a lot of argument on this site about the merits of wet food; all I can say is, after the horrible events of last week, I'm keeping my cat on the dry food that she does well on. The wet food nearly killed her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

If you're concerned about tummy upset, you can try starting with just a spoonful and increasing each day
Thanks, that's what I was thinking I would do. I gave them a spoonful last night and they are fine this morning. Litterbox is fine.

Originally Posted by gizmocat

Wet food isn't better all of the time. A good quality dry food is better than a bad wet food. There's a lot of argument on this site about the merits of wet food; all I can say is, after the horrible events of last week, I'm keeping my cat on the dry food that she does well on. The wet food nearly killed her.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience, however it's my belief that a good quality wet is better. I hope your kitty has recovered

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a long shot but mositen the dry food a little and then add some wet

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, if the cats are older, they may resist the wet food and not eat it at all. If they don't eat it, make sure you have the dry food to feed them so they don't go hungry. I have 1 cat who won't eat wet food at all!

Stephanie