Need Camcorder advice

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really wanting to buy a video camera since mine is broken. I want one that I can put clips on the computer to share with ya'll and record family events and what-not. My Digital camera doesn't do that function, and someday I want to upgrade that too.

So can anyone give me advice on what kind to get, as in: mini-DVD, hard drive, etc?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Nikon digital cam. It also takes videos. The larger my SD card the longer they can be. You might want to check into digital cameras that have that option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're going to best buy tomorrow because DH got 2 gift cards for there, so I'm going to be in that section for myself. I'm sure they can tell me a lot there, I just want to have a better idea and be more informed from a consumer standpoint.

Right now I'm thinking if I don't find a video camera, I'll just hold off on that and upgrade my camera. We'll see. I've got a spreadsheet going.....

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Wow! Does no one have any advice or did I just ask at a bad time of day yesterday?
Sorry
I saw your post yesterday but I had a bit on my mind.

I'm just getting into video editing and stuff,Hardware wise I think you need to make sure your hard drive is 7200 rpm and the faster the ' seek' time of it the better.
You will need a lot ...and I mean a lot of hard drive space available because when saving your video's that will take a lot of room.
I have a digicam with movie and use ulead video studio 7 for that.

I do have a tv capture card that can record tv or analog camcorder videos for editing but I have issues with messenger as there is a conflict with it.But as far as I know you just have to make sure everything is compatible and your system meets the minimum specs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well DH and I went to best buy today and after a bit....I decided to upgrade my digital camera instead. I found a camcorder that I liked, but I just think I'll get much more use out of the camera.

I ended up getting a new kodak easy share. My old one is also an easy share and I've used this one a few times because I know 3 other people with it also. Plus it was on sale and I got a 2GB SD card for like $34 and a very nice all weather bag to carry it in too. I've been playing all day with it but I've not downloaded anything yet. I'll be sure to share new pics and VIDEOS! soon!!! Thanks for replying!