Nala (my big baby)

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nala is my 11 year old german shepherd that currently resides with my granny. I raised her, but my granny has kept her since I went away to school. She's a big girl, but she's the sweetest pushover ever. She's spoilt rotten too! So much so that when kids were around, she would develop this mysterious 'itch' in her ear that required immediate attention. She has had chronic issues with her ears, and now one is permanently 'flopped' from her scratching at it so much.

Also, a few pics of her little buddy Biscuit. He follows her around like... well... a lost puppy!
He's my uncles dog, but they bring him with every time they visit my grandparents.

My beautiful girl Nala:

And her protege Biscuit:

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh please GIVE me that German Shepherd! That breed was my first doggy love, and I have always harboured the secret desire to have another one one day (or two!). They are the most beautiful dogs - loyal, noble, wise, kind, gentle and loving. Just everything you could ever ask for all rolled up into one magnificent creature.

Nala is just beautiful

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If you're willing to rub her belly for 30 minutes at a time, every two hours, she'll be putty in your hands.

She is VERY intelligent too. My granny has a huge yard, and the kids like to play soccer (what the rest of the world calls futbol/football). Well, one day the kids were playing and Nala ran out with them and started running for the ball. She pushed it away from everyone with her nose all the way to the goal, where she promptly sat down and - scouts honor - grinned at us because she had just scored! And she scored twice again after that!

No one ever tried to teach her this, she just 'picked it up'. She also will open the door and the gate if we don't lock them. Another time she nabbed a whole baked chicken off the stove while we were all outside. We came in to an empty pan, a greasy floor and a VERY content doggie!

So yeah, I DEFINITELY recommend German Shepherds!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWW too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She looks soo sweet! So does her little friend too
I LOVE german shepherds. I have an 11yr old mix. Her mom was full blooded Wolf...and her dad was a German Shepherd /Elkhound mix. So I love big dogs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I were going for a pedigreed pup, I would probably never get another breed of dog either. But I came really close to adopting a big beautiful mix from the HS a few weeks ago. He was SOOOO sweet and they were trying really hard to get him a new home. I cried and my husband had to drag me out of the place!
I really really hope he found a forever home.

I like pedigreed cats, but I would buy a mixed breed shelter dog in a heartbeat if I had the space right now. We're moving to a much bigger house in the spring though, so my wish to have my own little private zoo may just come true!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what cuties, ecspecially Nala I have a soft spot for sheperds
I grew up with them all my life until cocoa and jasmine came along, and when I was three tho I was bit by a german sheperd but I still
them!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Oh please GIVE me that German Shepherd! That breed was my first doggy love, and I have always harboured the secret desire to have another one one day (or two!). They are the most beautiful dogs - loyal, noble, wise, kind, gentle and loving. Just everything you could ever ask for all rolled up into one magnificent creature.

Nala is just beautiful
I just have to say I agree with that entire post! GSDs have always been my favorite breed, although now I have many favorites they're still the top of my list. I plan to get one for my next dog...actually I planned to get one for my first dog, second dog, etc but it has not happened so far (my dogs were strays and found me...) I still look longingly at every Shepherd I see though and want one of my own!