THAT much for pizza?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ordering pizza for dinner tonight. I'm too lazy to cook

I called Papa Johns, Dominos, and Pizza Hut. For 2 pizzas, buffalo wings and breadsticks at all of them it was $38.00
!!!!!!!!!
I was like NO WAY! And that didn't include the delivery charge and tax!
We had to not get one of the orders of breadsticks and wings and it is still costing me $25.00.
Oh and they are SOOOO rude!
I ended up ordering at Papa Johns. They had the best special.
They were rude at Pizza hut and Dominos too. Papa Johns said I had to order online to get the special also... What happened to customer service?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I'm ordering pizza for dinner tonight. I'm too lazy to cook

I called Papa Johns, Dominos, and Pizza Hut. For 2 pizzas, buffalo wings and breadsticks at all of them it was $38.00
!!!!!!!!!
I was like NO WAY! And that didn't include the delivery charge and tax!
We had to not get one of the orders of breadsticks and wings and it is still costing me $25.00.
Oh and they are SOOOO rude!
I ended up ordering at Papa Johns. They had the best special.
They were rude at Pizza hut and Dominos too. Papa Johns said I had to order online to get the special also... What happened to customer service?
Oh my gosh!! Isn't Pizza Hut or Dominos... something like that, have a special for 3 medium pizza's for $5 each? I keep seeing that commercial on TV - but why would you have to order online to get the special? What if you didnt' have internet hookup?! Wow... thats so spendy, $38.00, yikes!! Usually when John & I get Pizza Hut its like $20.00 and thats only for 1 large one topping and a family order of breadsticks!

Now I'm hungry for Pizza Hut

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
homemade dough is super easy in a food processor and you don't have to wait for it to rise as w regular dough.

or stock up on those boxes. that's what we had last night after the comical carpenter who spent 6.5 hours obsessing and talking until I paid him off and said I didn't think this was a good match. man were we glad to get rid of HIM. really sociable fellow but oy vey all the questions. argggggggggh

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We normally order from one of the family owned pizza places they have better food, prices, and their staff is friendlier. And when the staff is rude I worry about what they do to your food when you make them mad.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's why we go in to eat.
at Pizza Hut here (I am not sure if they have this deal where you live, but you can ask) on Tuesdays.. there is a lunch buffet special. you buy one meal and soda and get a meal free and it's an all you can eat buffet until 1:30 pm.. so it's basically just a lunch thing.. it only costs us $8 and we don't even have tax.

and then we have this very good expensive, but worth it pizza place in town. It's called Mackenzie River Pizza Company.. you can get lil' buck pizzas and they are personal pan pizzas and they are only $8.. which isn't bad. I got my last check today for my temporary job.. so paid for dinner last night.. I told my parents I would take them out to dinner and then I shared a piece of peppermint cheesecake with my parents last night. sounded gross but it has an oreo cookie crust and I don't know what else is in it.. maybe those white chocolate candy cane kisses. it was scrumptious. oh yeah I got a side of pepperoni, too with my pizza.. since it had marinated artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, pesto, and almonds. it was good!
the bill was only $29. and the piece of cheesecake was $5
but it was so worth it! you can get soups and sandwiches and salads and a whole bunch of other stuff at Mackenzie River Pizza..

I only like Pizza Hut here, Papa Murphys, and Mackenzie River Pizza for pizza places here. I cannot stand Dominos or Papa Johns.
We used to have a little ceasers and it shut down years ago.
tonight for dinner I am getting a chicken blt salad from wendys.. I am not eating out for awhile, though.
I love pizza but I don't eat it all the time.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh my gosh!! Isn't Pizza Hut or Dominos... something like that, have a special for 3 medium pizza's for $5 each? I keep seeing that commercial on TV - but why would you have to order online to get the special? What if you didnt' have internet hookup?! Wow... thats so spendy, $38.00, yikes!! Usually when John & I get Pizza Hut its like $20.00 and thats only for 1 large one topping and a family order of breadsticks!

Now I'm hungry for Pizza Hut
The Dominos and Pizza Hut both offer the pizzas for $5, you just hafta buy three of them. We get them all the time in Mississippi.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wednesday night....a medium pizza with no toppings, a small house salad and a side of calamari for Ian....$30.

And that's absolutely cheap for around here. Normally, if I just want a small pizza, thin crust, one topping, not even deep dish, and I want it delivered, it's AT least $15.

We don't really have national pizza chains around here. I am aware of one Dominos and that's it. But then again, we have things like Giodano's, Lou Malnati's and Gino's East. So we don't miss Pizza Hut

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Wednesday night....a medium pizza with no toppings, a small house salad and a side of calamari for Ian....$30.

And that's absolutely cheap for around here. Normally, if I just want a small pizza, thin crust, one topping, not even deep dish, and I want it delivered, it's AT least $15.

We don't really have national pizza chains around here. I am aware of one Dominos and that's it. But then again, we have things like Giodano's, Lou Malnati's and Gino's East. So we don't miss Pizza Hut
I would die for some good Chicago pizza!
I had some about 4 years ago on our class trip when we were there, and I was in love!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I would die for some good Chicago pizza!
I had some about 4 years ago on our class trip when we were there, and I was in love!
You can have it shiippppeeeed!

It's totally overpriced, though. You'd be better off taking a road trip here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I know, pizza is so expensive lately, in fact all eating out is expensive

Died in a murder/suicide along with please and thank you!
I think so!
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

The Dominos and Pizza Hut both offer the pizzas for $5, you just hafta buy three of them. We get them all the time in Mississippi.
They have that here too but it's only one topping and of course, DH HAS to have EVERYTHING!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little Caesar's hot and ready, cheese or pepperoni, large pizzas are $5.00 each, no limit. Pick up only

Their deep dish is $6.49 and what a treat!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

They have that here too but it's only one topping and of course, DH HAS to have EVERYTHING!
Get 3 with his favorite toppings and then scrape all the toppings on 1 pizza. There you go, cheap and he has it all

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The most we paid was $50 for CPK (California Pizza Kitchen). That was 2 medium pizzas delivered.
They each had 1 topping.

And B was STILL hungry.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know pizza prices are getting out of hand We went to my sister in laws the other night and she ordered 1 large pizza with one topping and a order of bread sticks and it cost $39.00 and took them 2 hours to get us our pizza so we figured the pizza would be free nope guess again only half off how rude was that. so we have to still pay and eat cold pizza.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
39$ for a pizza?? LoL! what a rip off.

I dont go to pizza hut, their pizzas are poo! Wayy too oily and its not even classified as real pizza! Although i may treat my self to pizza hut once a year..

I found this small new restaurant near my place, (okay actually my friend did
) and she treated me out the other day *bless* But guess what?? it was the best pizza ive ever eaten in frankfurt and it was only 4$!!!!! INCLUDING TAX!! You bet i will be going there again!

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate the fact that we always get a zillion coupons for pizza in the junk mail and then we try to use them and they say "yes they will take it" and then the delivery guy gets there and he is like "I'm sorry but I cant take that coupon"!