Petals just scared me!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dog gone her, but she just scared me to death.
I looked down as she waltzed past me and she was dragging a string behind her. I laughed and called to her and she came back. Well, this string wasn't accidentally stuck to her........it was coming from her bum!!!! OMG!!! I couldn't believe my eyes!!! I gently pulled on it and about 3 more inches came out of her! I don't know if I should have pulled on it, called the vet, or what, but I just paniced and slowly pulled it out! WHAT THE HECK DID SHE DO??? Did she eat a peice of string and it went through her????? My poor little girl! I try to be so careful of everything, but she must have pulled it from something when I wasn't looking! She seemed fine the whole time, so luckily it didn't do any damage to her!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness I would have been so scared, too. Im so glad it came out.

I have to watch constantly for anything string related, constantly. Sometimes you just cant keep up with them.

Im glad Petals is ok.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and yes if 3 inches came from her bum then she probably ate it.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can imagine you were pretty darn scared!!! As close as you watch them, sometimes it's impossible.

I'm glad Petals is OK!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Pam and Natalie.........I was scared, but the whole thing probably lasted like 1 minute from the time I saw where it was coming from till when I pulled it out and threw it away! She looked at me afterwards like, "what?"

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew that's good that you got it out Susie, I caught one of mine one day chewing on a piece and before I could get there it was gone, It is scarey because that can wrap around there intestines. Glad she's ok

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad Petals is ok and that it came out, it does sound like she ate some string. For anyone else reading, its best to cut the string shorter and let them poop it out rather than pull it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I am glad Petals is ok and that it came out, it does sound like she ate some string. For anyone else reading, its best to cut the string shorter and let them poop it out rather than pull it
Oh I'm sure your right, and I did it real slow in case I met resistance, but your first instinct is to get it out!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am glad she is okay Tavia got a fishing hook stook in her foot one time and it scared me to death. We called the vet and the said since it was in the webby part just to pull it out and I had my dad do it and we had some spray stuff that was a disfectant for wounds for animals and dad sprayed her foot with it and there was no permanant damage and this was about three years ago. After that no fishing rods or gear was allowed inside.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad that she's ok!

I used to have a cat that ate string/wool/thread and buttons. That cat pulled off all of the buttons off the seats of my kitchen chairs and ate them!!!!! Everytime the vet saw me he would ask "The usual?" And then she would have an Xray. Thank heavens nothing serious ever happened but I was always frantic with worry.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My poor Sho has a problem with my hair... It's really long and I shed a lot
There has been a couple times that my husband and I have had to cut a piece of hair and er.. poop hanging out

I feel a little bad knowing I might be contributing to a hair ball or worse, though the cat never shows any remorse for all the times I spit out cat hair.