Ares and Dreamer

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I broke down in another thread and let the proverbial cat out of the bag that I'm getting another kitten. Her name is Dreamer and she's Ares' littermate. Heres a link (again) to their 'baby page':

http://www.rockybengals.com/blithe_kits.htm

OK, so heres the story...

My breeder, Stacy, and I were going back and forth in e-mail trying to figure the logistics of getting Ares home. I happened to be checking out her site and noticed that this amazing little girl was now available at a very low price (relatively speaking of course). Stacy wrote on the site that she has 'tude', so of course I had to ask. She told me that Dreamer isn't a big fan of people. She should be great show quality, but she doesn't like to be touched too much (only on her own terms)
So I asked Stacy how close she was to Ares and one thing let to another and there you have it!

I would prefer that they come together, so our 'due date' has been pushed back to January 16th.

Now I'm even MORE excited!

Here are some more pics:

The new girl, showing her 'tude' quite well:

Dreamer from the side:

And again from the other side:

Here's my big boy Ares:

And Ares again with mom:

The 'double trouble' shot:

And finally watching mom play:

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, they're very pretty.

I really like the idea of 2 kittens versus just one. Especially being bengals, I think it'll also keep you, your DH and your other kitties much more sane if they can sort of play out their antics on each other. I wish a lot more shelters and breeders would encourage this sort of thing!

PS: I totally knew your secret before you said anything.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The humane society near us has a buy one, get one free for almost ALL of their cats/kittens. A friend of mine is looking into getting these two cats from there that we saw at petsmart the other day. One was very laid back (white with black spots) but the other one was a total sweetheart (all black). You could hear her purring from 10 feet away... No lie! She was only looking for one cat, but they're bonded so she will get them together (providing she's approved). I think they're a little over a year old.

As for Dreamer, Stacy said she liked playing and was close to Ares. I hate to 'break up a family' so to speak, so I jumped at the opportunity to bring them together.

My current cat is a 7 1/2 month old siamese boy. He's way to active to be an only kitty, so I think he'll get along well with the new guys. We'll see how integration goes.

(I know, my secret was pretty obvious
)

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are so sweet! I love the picture of Dreamer checking herself out in the mirror. Maybe she recognizes just how cute she is and therefore believes she has every right to have big 'tude'.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by siameseohio

They are so sweet! I love the picture of Dreamer checking herself out in the mirror. Maybe she recognizes just how cute she is and therefore believes she has every right to have big 'tude'.
LOL! I think thats EXACTLY what it is!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw - they are so pretty! Maybe Dreamer will mellow out when she is fixed. And also less of a kitten, LOL.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiffany,

You know 2 marbles are double trouble...right?

They are both amazing and I'm really looking foward to seeing the pictures as
they develope.
How are you going to manage without a spotted girl or boy to keep those 2 marbles in check?

Just kidding...sort of.....

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Tiffany,

You know 2 marbles are double trouble...right?

They are both amazing and I'm really looking foward to seeing the pictures as
they develope.
How are you going to manage without a spotted girl or boy to keep those 2 marbles in check?

Just kidding...sort of.....
Don't you dare tempt me Nial!!!

Actually, We're moving to a larger house in the spring... Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!!!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're both gorgeous! If I were expecting two cats who looked like that, I'd be over the moon and unable to sleep till they actually arrive

I do hope Dreamer will start being more social with humans after getting used to you, or it'll probably not be much fun.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not too worried about Dreamer. She will play with people (very few cats can resist a feather wand toy!
). She just doesn't like to be held and petted too much. Thats fine with me 'cause I will have two love bugs to cuddle with anyway. *Ahem... I should edit that to THREE love bugs to cuddle with

But it would be great if she DID come around though!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update, we were planning on getting Ares and Dreamer home tomorrow, but the weather isn't cooperating. So now we're shooting for Wednesday...

Sigh... This waiting is KILLING me!!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tiffanyjbt

Update, we were planning on getting Ares and Dreamer home tomorrow, but the weather isn't cooperating. So now we're shooting for Wednesday...

Sigh... This waiting is KILLING me!!!
ARRRGH! You must be going crazy waiting
I hope there is perfect blue skies for a nice safe trip weds. Sending come home Ares and Dreamer vibes!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there Tiff! Good things (and cats!) come to those who wait!!!!
And another cliche that is one of my mantras...Patience is a virtue...(and then I add) but it doesn't stop you from going crazy!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about the delay. The prediction for the weather here was wrong, so I'm hoping things are better then the forecast called for in your area as well. Hang in there. Those beautiful babies will be well worth the wait.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wahhh!!! The weather is NOT cooperating! This is hard!!! Anyone know of a good weather god/godess that might take pity on me? *sigh*

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe they are both soo gorgeous
I cant wait till you get them, the weather needs to be better
I cant wait to see more photos when they arrive, and i hope all goes well with Duke
I think it will thouhg but just in case
those pictures are just precious tho
I am soo excited they need to come

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiffany, can they fly with Continental, counter to counter? My understanding (from other breeders who use them) is that they handle things differently and the animals aren't subjected to cold temps, so there is no temp restriction.

I could be wrong, but it's worth looking into.