I bought a laser pointer

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a laster pointer today. Man, are they expensive!!!! I bought mine at Grand & Toy and paid $30.00 for it!

But......

It was well worth the price! Abby loves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's been practically flying from one end of the living room to the other chasing the red light! She looks so lost when I turn it off, LOL I don't think she's ever had so much fun with a toy!

These things are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got them each one for x-mas....one attaches to their collar...so they can never actually get it....
the other has changing attachments....ones even a mouse.....
they were about $6 each at Petco.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know you could get them at the Dollar Stores. However, I'm never in an area of the city where there is a dollar store near me.

Anyway, I looked to see what was so special about this one and it has a 1 year parts and labour warranty, so that's good. I tend to think that with the way Abby loves this thing that the on/off button may wear out before 1 year, LOL

I put the pointer on my computer shelf and poor Abby is laying on the carpet looking around for the light, hehe

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I didn't know you could get them at the Dollar Stores. However, I'm never in an area of the city where there is a dollar store near me.

Anyway, I looked to see what was so special about this one and it has a 1 year parts and labour warranty, so that's good. I tend to think that with the way Abby loves this thing that the on/off button may wear out before 1 year, LOL

I put the pointer on my computer shelf and poor Abby is laying on the carpet looking around for the light, hehe
Well that is for sure. We wear out a couple of them a year....

Glad she's having fun with it!
Has Chynna checked it out yet???

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. Chynna is asleep in the pots cupboard. She'll have her turn when she wakes up later. I'm hoping she likes it too.

haha, I pointed it under the couch and then turned it off and Abby is sitting there fixated on the spot looking for it, hehe I'm such a meanie,

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I bought a laster pointer today. Man, are they expensive!!!! I bought mine at Grand & Toy and paid $30.00 for it!
We did the same thing, bought it at the Grand and Toy and found it later for $6 at Canadian Tire of all places!
The one's at Grand and Toy are for professional use and therefore charge higher prices for business clients. If I remember correctly, the one we bought even needed special batteries that were also expensive.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one takes 2 AA batteries. I have something else here that takes AA batteries, though I can't remember what.. possibly a remote. So I do have extra AA's here.

Poor Abby... or maybe that should be poor me.... Abby is addicted to it. She still hasn't stopped looking under the couch hoping to see the light again, lol

Even though I now know that I could have found it much much cheaper elsewhere, I'm not sorry I bought it. Abby is having such fun with it and that's the important thing.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lasers are the best!! 4 out of my 5 go nuts for it. Zoey could care less. She's too "dignified" for that. So of course we taunt her by waving the laser around her so the others are running all around her.
We're so bad!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Mine takes watch batteries and you have to hold the on button all the time so your's may be worth it for the extra $$$
This one you have to hold the on button down all of the time too. Which is ok with me because it can't accidently be left on.

Originally Posted by lisasha3

Lasers are the best!! 4 out of my 5 go nuts for it. Zoey could care less. She's too "dignified" for that. So of course we taunt her by waving the laser around her so the others are running all around her.
We're so bad!!!
Chynna loves it too!!!! She's 15 years and tubby, so she's not a spry as Abby but she power walks to follow the light on the floor while Abby runs and slides. They were both chasing after the light for a while, which is the closest they have come to playing together in the 8 years that Abby has lived with us.

EDIT: I actually had Chynna running around like a kitten chasing it just now. She seems to like it more in the darker part of the living room where the light isn't so bright. I guess she can see it better or something. But she looks so cute!!!!!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat Rogue gets PISSED at the laser. She smacks at it really mad, and loks at us like "will you get that thing away from me?"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I'm having such fun with them with this! I should have bought one ages ago!

Chynna is not very vocal but she's been walking around meowing and when she sees the light her tail puffs up and she immediately starts running after it. She seems to like it when I aim it at the bottom of the door or baseboard or in the corner of the wall.

And the best part is that both of them can play with me together. I can just zoom the light around and each gets their turn to chase it.

For those who don't have one, I really suggest getting one. I advise you to follow the advice given by others and check the dollar store and department stores before going to a stationary store though. Apparently you can get them much cheaper by shopping around.

*Off to play with kitties again!*

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my mom has a laser that she bought when they first became really big, and then over the summer we go to the flea markets and on one of the lighters there was a leaser pointer and u can turn it from the red dot into cool little things, but we like the red dot better
but man that was a good investment
Stormie loves it ecspecially at night at bedtime, she will drive me crazy and she can be sleeping and she know when I pick it up her eyes get really big, or I could turn on the laser and put it anywhere in the room and she is up chasing it (I think she sleeps with one eye open
) it is just soo funny!! No matter how tired she is though she can definetly run around and chase the red light

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It definitely is good fun for both them and us!

Both of my kitties sit and look around and meow at places where they saw the light before.

And it's so fun to watch Chynna acting like a kitten. It's been so hard to get her to play with anything. She likes to have me poke a straw or chop stick out from under a piece of paper so she can slap her paw at it, but as for running around and chasing something (other than Abby of course), she hasn't done that in years! Poor thing was all pooped out and took a rest before continuing, lol

ohnoaninfp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Laser pointers are fun. My brothers cat loves them. Shes so cute when she is chasing the dot.
My cat doesant seem to notice it at all.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so excited Abby loves her new toy!!!

Sierra couldn't possibly care one bit less about her laser pointer. The comes along Serenity, and she ADORES it! How, she'll chase is all over the play having a blast! Perfect interactive toy for our little loves!
We need to remember to never shine it into our babies' eyes.
Definitely a super investment! Do we all remember that our very own Pat carries an excellent laser pointer in her store here~