What is WRONG with fastfood workers???

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went to Tim Hortons to grab some soup through the drive thru...and anytime I go there, the workers are so miserable and rude and I just don't get it
If you hate your job that much, then quit and find another job.

I asked for the soup combo..and then after I finish the order I ask nicely for a big bun instead of a little one..she says to me "well, you should have told me that while you were ordering the soup"....I'm like...uh....sorry about that...Does she think I KNOW how her ordering system is so I am to KNOW at what exact moment to order the bigger bun?? Sheesh, they are so miserable they have to try and make the customers miserable too?

So anyways, when I paid her I said Have a nice day, with a huge smile on my face
I figured that might make her think twice before being rude to the next customer..

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girl at Subway today wasn't rude, but she wasn't friendly either, so I started with my usual saying funny things to make them crack up.... I told her I needed a wheat roll, oil- no mayo, baked chips & diet coke, this way I'd have plenty of room for the candy bar I was going to inhale later!
She was laughing by the time I left....

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is one of my biggest pet peeves!!!! If you dont want to work with the public with at least a decent attitude, then dont!!!

On a bad day, I have been known to make a few comments here and there about the bad attitudes and their job positions.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't even get me started on Timmy's today

Don't put the lid opening on the seal of the cup, it leaks and burns people, and I KNOW they teach you that in timmy's training!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very nice that you gave her a big smile, but I say don't count on it making a difference
They don't care
There not all bad though really

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

It's very nice that you gave her a big smile, but I say don't count on it making a difference
They don't care
There not all bad though really
I don't think they are ALL bad...I just wish the ones who were miserable would think twice about being rude to customers. I worked in fast food for the first 2 years of my working life, and I would never have said to someone "uh...your supposed to order the mcnugget sauce BEFORE you order the next item"..

My new motto for 2007 is "kill em with kindness"...so the ruder people are to me, I am going be sickeningly sweet to them

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You know...it irks me when people can't be nice. I work in retail. And it sucks a lot sometimes, but it's a good paying job (I've been there awhile), and they work with my school schedule (which is worse every quarter!). But even when I'm in a bad mood, or I'm sick, or I have to work a holiday, I can fake nice. If I can do it, so can other people...

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My new motto for 2007 is "kill em with kindness"...so the ruder people are to me, I am going be sickeningly sweet to them
Love it!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe someone was rude to her first? When I worked for McDonald's (Like a million years ago) I was always nice to my customers. I always worked drive through. Anyway I had my regulars that always chatted with me. Well one day this lady comes through and orders a big meal and then calls me a b and drives off. Unprovoked she did this! So I was mad for being treated like that. Well when my regulars came through they could tell I was mad and wasn't my usual cheery self. Some of them drove off mad because I was mad. It's this cycle of negative energy that just continues till you let it go.

One of my regulars pointed it out and I apologized for it and told her it wasn't her..and I told her about what happened and she completely understood. There's a lot of crap you have to deal with when working in a place like that. So try to look at it from their position.

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, don't get me started.

I recently went to Panera Bread and tried to order soup in a bread bowl. The girl taking my order, not making eye contact and picking at her apron, replies: "No beh-bo."

WHA...?!?!

"No.Bread.Bowl." she says again, obviously peeved I cannot speak the language of A**hat.

"I thought that's what you said, but you were mumbling into your shirt."

Then I ordered a big gooey cinnamon bun and called it a day.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Maybe someone was rude to her first? When I worked for McDonald's (Like a million years ago) I was always nice to my customers. I always worked drive through. Anyway I had my regulars that always chatted with me. Well one day this lady comes through and orders a big meal and then calls me a b and drives off. Unprovoked she did this! So I was mad for being treated like that. Well when my regulars came through they could tell I was mad and wasn't my usual cheery self. Some of them drove off mad because I was mad. It's this cycle of negative energy that just continues till you let it go.

One of my regulars pointed it out and I apologized for it and told her it wasn't her..and I told her about what happened and she completely understood. There's a lot of crap you have to deal with when working in a place like that. So try to look at it from their position.
I understand what you mean, cause like I said I worked at a fast food joint for 2 years a long time ago too...I am talking about the same workers that are miserable day in and day out...(I always go to the same Timmies).

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't think they are ALL bad...I just wish the ones who were miserable would think twice about being rude to customers. I worked in fast food for the first 2 years of my working life, and I would never have said to someone "uh...your supposed to order the mcnugget sauce BEFORE you order the next item"..

My Motto is " Dazzle them with Brilliance " Or Baffel them with Bull****

(Sorry) it wouldn't have been the same if I changed it

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Candlemaven

Oh, don't get me started.

I recently went to Panera Bread and tried to order soup in a bread bowl. The girl taking my order, not making eye contact and picking at her apron, replies: "No beh-bo."

WHA...?!?!

"No.Bread.Bowl." she says again, obviously peeved I cannot speak the language of A**hat.

"I thought that's what you said, but you were mumbling into your shirt."

Then I ordered a big gooey cinnamon bun and called it a day.
Oh now that was just to funny

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I tend to blame management for a lot of this. Their attitudes tend to flow downhill. Good positive management wouldn't allow bad attitudes to persist and they treat their employees with respect and support. Workers tend to have better attitudes when treated better.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow...I've never been to a Timmy's where the workers aren't happy.

I get it from all the other fast food restaraunts though.

Just tell them "with that [insert other word for poopy] attitude, you will probably will stay a fast food worker for the rest of your life."

I do agree with who said it...that's why I don't work in customer service...I tend to have a little bad attitude...but only when people give me a share of theirs.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, she was very needlessly rude, but at the same time they are paid crap wages, are treated like imbeciles by their managers, and you would be suprised that more customers are rude to you in a day than I've ever experienced employees somewhere doing. Someone once called me a "b(eep)" because I told him that I wasn't able to give him a 125$ book for 12.50

But yea, they should be able to fake nice. I usually just remember what I was like in high school, and forgive them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lady I had today was a full grown woman..as in, my mothers age.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The lady I had today was a full grown woman..as in, my mothers age.
Oh. Well. Then I don't know. I usually assume they're just having a bad day, even though it's probably not true and a lot of people are just mean. It's so much easier to just be nice, she probably wore herself out by the end of the day being attitudinal!