tiny peanut

verynora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
My 1yr 2mo old female, josie, is super tiny. only slightly bigger than when i got her at 8 months old, when she was about the size of 3 month old kittens. shes completely healthy, has a normal appetite, is energetic and affectionate, im just wondering if at 14 months, is she full grown? the first thing everyone first notices her about her is how light and tiny she is. shes not emaciated as i said, shes healthy, just very small frame. i think it's adorable and i love that i can carry her around in one tucked arm, but im wondering if i can expect her to get any bigger? i rescued her so im unsure of the breed, sheseems to be just your average domestic short hair. black, a little fluffier than other shorthairs, soft silky fluffy hair as opposed to short and coarse.
if anyone has any info, please let me know!
thanks
nora

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since your baby girl is over a year old, I don't think she'll get much bigger. She might grow a tiny bit more but not much. Most cats stop growing at a year to 18 months old.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend's parents have a cat that is just tiny as well. She never grew very much, and she only weighs about 5.5 to 6 pounds now. She's had some teeth problems as she got older, but otherwise she was always just small and healthy.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She sounds like a little precious petite thing! My cat is 18 mos old and she stopped growing (except in the tummy!!) around a year old.

Stephanie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she's healthy, then you shouldn't worry (tho if she gets sick and loses weight she could be in danger).

I've seen a few smaller then normal cats - one I thought was a 5-6 month old kitten - turned out to be a 4 yr old cat! This was a mixed breed HHP.

Sometimes kittens will be smaller then normal if the mom was a very young mom - like under 6 months old herself when the kits are born. Females can come into heat early (4-5 months old) and can get pregnant at that time too. Because the mom's growth is then stunted, the kittens might be smaller then normal when full grown.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know someone who also has a very tiny 7 year old cat. She looks like shes about 6 months old. Just a very very tiny cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

verynora

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i havent had her weighed, but i should. you can tell shes not a kitten because she has the structure of an adult, but its just ,...miniature lol.....i would say probably less than 7 pounds though...

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by verynora

i havent had her weighed, but i should. you can tell shes not a kitten because she has the structure of an adult, but its just ,...miniature lol.....i would say probably less than 7 pounds though...
I always weigh my cats by stepping on the scale and noting my weight and then picking up a cat and doing some math.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

That's what I do too Pami
Charlie's 4 months old and weighs a bit over 5 lbs now
Yes its a great way to keep up with a cats weight. I weigh mine regularly so I will be alerted of any weight changes.