New Dr

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to a new Dr today-a WOMAN dr.
I just want a second opnion of everything, and shes going to do the lovely "woman exam" I just feel like women tend to know more, ya know, about that kinda stuff......

So if ya have any good luck vibes, feel free to send some my way-please.

Thanks-Monica

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck. And remember to keep your vaginal and adbominal muscles as relaxed as possible. It makes a big difference both to your own comfort and the throughness of the exam. Possibly get drunk first.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Possibly get drunk first.
Now why DIDN'T I think of that???
Guess cuz I was driving to the dr.'s office although I know a great lawyer (my DH is a public defender)

I prefer being "vetted" by a woman
Unfortunately, all the gynos here are male
So I give myself the speech that I give to my kids and pets, "Your job is to be a good patient; the doctor's job is to find out what's wrong/make sure you're okay". and I pretend in my mind that i'm out in the mountains somewhere,, anywhere but in that "position" that I'm in

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of good luck vibes your way, and since you're seeing this doctor to get a second opinion, I hope everythings ok!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Good luck. And remember to keep your vaginal and adbominal muscles as relaxed as possible. It makes a big difference both to your own comfort and the throughness of the exam. Possibly get drunk first.
I agree And when they say slide down I get charlie horses in my hips Drunk would help

Good luck Monica hope it all goes ok
Just ask for a Morphine Drip before hand

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you, my daughter prefers a woman doctor, me I don't care I lost all my dignity while giving birth, especially being stitched by the most handsome man aside from my DH. Last time I was examined though, I was more concerned with the spider hanging down above me, and they terrify me, so the examination was nothing!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully all went well

I only allow my woman doctor to do that womanly test...I don't care how professional a man doctor is, he is still a man..and men are PERVS

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hopefully all went well

I only allow my woman doctor to do that womanly test...I don't care how professional a man doctor is, he is still a man..and men are PERVS
I also go to a woman DR., I feel better going to a woman, than a male - I don't know why... I just feel really uncomfortable going to a male DR., for anything!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I REFUSE to see a male for that care. In fact, my primary DR is a woman and who I see for that stuff! It's much better that way I think. The last time I went, in the middle of my exam, the nurse assisting her complimented me on my toenail polish!

Hope you found a happy place to drift off to!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope it all went well. I only go to women Dr's too, I would feel to uncomfortable with a male Dr.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as luck would have it, my "monthly" started, so I had to reschedule that appt. for Monday.
I did go in for my blood work though.