Wellness Chicken- Garlic

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well after awhile of Chessy refusing any wet food except Fancy Feast and Meow Mix, I finally found a good one he will eat- Wellness Chicken.
I know it is great except that it has garlic in it...how bad is the garlic exactly?

Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Jenny, do a search for "garlic" in this forum (go to the health and forum main menu, and select "search this forum". You will find many threads that debate the health risks/benefits. A search for "wellness" will also bring up many results.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Jenny, do a search for "garlic" in this forum (go to the health and forum main menu, and select "search this forum". You will find many threads that debate the health risks/benefits. A search for "wellness" will also bring up many results.
Okay, thanks!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I've read that garlic, when fed to cats, can help keep fleas away, but also can cause anemia in cats (I wonder if it can in humans, too--I'm severly anemic, and have been cooking with garlic the past few years--but I was diagnosed many years ago--but come to think of it, I've felt worse since eating garlic for my health!). I think garlic thins the blood, so you may want to consider the ramifications of that for your cats. However, maybe there's not enough garlic in that cat food to cause ill effects.

MargeCat