Finally called to complain

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So being awoken by the base of someone's music before even 8:30 (after not getting to bed till 3am) was the last straw.
If you lived in my neighborhood and were out this morning you saw a woman with hair in every possible direction and non matching close stumbling around her yard in the freezing cold, trying to determine who's house the offensive noise was coming from.

So I spent the early morning hours of yesterday (Thursday) being woken up by some joyriders and their loud music, several times. Until 4:30 when I finally got out of bed to see what it was....to find 2 state police squad cars in front of my house, one had an interior light on and several people in the back. The officers were standing at the doors of an SUV parked on the grass smack up to the neighbors house, trying to get the occupant out. Which they did. I then from my kitchen window watched them give all kinds of sobriety tests, search and vehicle and confiscate what looked to me like alcohol. Big surprise. Oh, I also watched them search the exterior and all over the deck of this house. Finally I laid on the couch till 5:30 and they had all gone and it was finally quiet.

So I just called the park manager to complain.....again. I left a voice mail of course... So I told her basically what I've said here, plus that I find it all quite rude and disrespectful that my neighbors do not consider those around them, that I can't even get a decent night sleep or enjoy my vacation time, etc.

A few months ago I posted about problems with the kids/teens in the neighborhood. Throwing rocks (hit my new car and the house itself), wrestling in the street and pushing each other up against my house. Etc.

DH it at work or asleep when most of this happens of course. He really wants to hold off another 2 years or so with buying a place, but I'm loosing patience. I can't even get a decent night sleep? Enjoy my vacation? All that ever happens is I spend a few days looking through adds for homes and thats about it. We've got a little bit left to pay off on our CCards and then we are saving money for a house. I just don't know how long I can hold out.
I'm cranky, tired, and have a splitting headache. I'd go lay down on my couch, but then it'll be the people driving through the neighborhood with their loud music.....

I just called DH and left him a v-mail too. My in-laws will be ready for company early this afternoon and I still have things to do. I am not feeling like a gracious and hospitable person at the moment. I hate getting mad. If I'm really mad, I cry. I had to have a good long cry before I could even make the call to complain. It's just so ridiculous!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there another place you all can rent in the mean time? This sounds like an on going problem that no one is really doing anything about and that is unacceptable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

LeighAnn. Wanna borrow Susie's
????
YES!!!!!! But then I might be the one the neighbors are watching sit in the back of a police car!

Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Is there another place you all can rent in the mean time? This sounds like an on going problem that no one is really doing anything about and that is unacceptable.
Part of the problem is, we own our trailer and rent the lot. I'd kind of like to buy land and move the trailer there while we build a house, but that takes a lot of forethought (like codes for having 2 homes on one property...then what to do with the trailer once our house is built, etc). I'm not sure how much to just move to another piece of land and sell from there either. Might be worth the hassle. I think the first thing I need to do is make sure my husband gets that I'm not blowing steam....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ack! that really sucks! I'm so glad my trailer park is full of old people
although there is this one down the street that has the cops at it at least once a month, but they're all the way down the other end so it doesn't really bother me. Hope your park manager kicks these booty-head people out!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Ack! that really sucks! I'm so glad my trailer park is full of old people
although there is this one down the street that has the cops at it at least once a month, but they're all the way down the other end so it doesn't really bother me. Hope your park manager kicks these booty-head people out!!
I hope they do something! The house it was coming from has a baby living there. Poor kid.

The house they were at the other night.....thoes are some of the actually friendly people in the neighborhood! I mean to the point where the Gentleman came over to check on me every so often during DH's 2 deployments after we got married. And we've borrowed their lawn mower and other tools for projects, their daughter now mows our lawn, etc. I know the man isn't the partier in the house.....it's his wife and some other people that live there I think.

I would love a bunch of nice quiet old people for neighbors! And they would love me too I'm sure!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I hope they do something! The house it was coming from has a baby living there. Poor kid.

The house they were at the other night.....thoes are some of the actually friendly people in the neighborhood! I mean to the point where the Gentleman came over to check on me every so often during DH's 2 deployments after we got married. And we've borrowed their lawn mower and other tools for projects, their daughter now mows our lawn, etc. I know the man isn't the partier in the house.....it's his wife and some other people that live there I think.

I would love a bunch of nice quiet old people for neighbors! And they would love me too I'm sure!
yeah the "wild house" has a bunch of kids there too
my step-daughter used to be friends with the little girl..... you know, the trailer beside me is for sale
my park manager is pretty diligent about keeping the park very quiet and controlled, but I know alot of places that are not like that. Some parks just attract "trailer trash"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can totally relate!!!

I live in an apartment building and about 4 or 5 years ago they started to apply for larger than allowed rent increases and were getting them. As a consequence the people who lived on either side of me and the two apartments across the hall all moved out within 3 years of each other.

The tenants that they are renting to since then have all been total disasters!!!!

The Apartment to the right of my apartment:

1st tenant after Val moved out:
- constantly banged on my wall to tell me to turn my TV down even though it was as low as it could go and still be able to hear it. Even the caretaker said my TV wasn't loud and it couldn't be heard in the common hallway. He also used to play his stereo at top volume during the day. He also came to my apartment one day to tell me to turn my TV down and when I told him that the caretaker had heard it at that volume and said it wasn't loud, he said he was going to complain. I told him to go right ahead. I went to close the door but he had his body positioned in the doorway to block me from closing it. I felt threatened. I stomped on his foot and put my whole body weight into closing the door and called the police and complained to the rental agency. He moved out a few months later.

2nd tenant in that apartment:
- used to have rock and roll band practice every Wednesday. The couple also constantly fought with one another and she was constantly screaming and yelling at him and slamming doors. He also skateboarded in the hallway.

3rd tenant who just moved in a couple months ago... nice and quiet!!!!

The Apartment across the hall and to the right:

- Used to play the Bongo Drums and leave their smelly garbage bags in the hallway.

2nd tenant nice and quiet

The Apartment across the hall from me:

1st tenant after the older lady moved out:
- partied day and night and fought in the hall and broke ceiling lights in the hall and their friends graffitied the elevetor walls daily!

2nd tenant:
- partied 24/7. Loud music. Slamming doors. Yelling in the hallway. Smoked pot. Stunk up the halls with incense and air frenshner to try and hide the smell of the pot. I swear they were drug dealers. They were evicted and moved out on the 9th of December. The apartment is currently empty but I think it has been rented out for January.

The sad part of it is that I live in a nice area of the city and pay a fortune for rent ($654.00 per month plus electricity).

I hope your rentals agency does something for you. Don't just call, make sure you write a letter too and keep a copy for yourself. This way you have documentation that you have complained.

There's nothing worse than paying to be annoyed

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

There's nothing worse than paying to be annoyed
Ya got that right! I think I will write them a letter. In it I will mention the past things I have complained about also, since they date back only a few months.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing more annoying than noisy neighbours! And Susie - that was so generous of you to offer Leigh-Ann your hammer!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Document, document, document...

I live in a house in a (formerly) rural area, but last night it seemed everytime I started to drop off to sleep another
drove by with his car stereo/bass on high. I am so ready to start a rumor that long term exposure to such intense noise causes impotence.

Who knows? Maybe it will...

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

And Susie - that was so generous of you to offer Leigh-Ann your hammer!
sssshhhhh, she doesn't know we have it, I stole it while she wasn't looking....

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup! I can relate, that's why we got out of an apartment and are now renting a house.

B is under the belief that while living in an apartment, the neighbors should be courtesy enough so that they play music, tv, whatever at a volume wear other neighbors can't hear them.

That's all good and dandy, BUT think of living at home. Did you play your music at the volume you wanted? Of course...at least until one family member yelled at you (I always had the luxary of falling asleep to Metallica when I was a kid...I still do!).

So kids are moving out into apartments and neighborhoods with this idea. It's no excuse at all, but just a mere difference. Home Theatre systems and music equipment are all so cheap now that anyone can afford it. However all they are doing is just ruining their ears.

Just think of it this way by the time they're 30 half of these kids are going to be deaf or 50% deaf.