When animals talk....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you all seen this tv show? Jane Goodall's When Animals Talk? I watched it last night, and ended the show in tears... If you haven't seen it yet, set your tivo's to record it for you...it's amazing. And it confirms everything I've already believed in my heart about animals communicating with each other and with us.... I strongly suggest you see it, it will warm you up & make your heart overflow with love for your furry babies....

http://animal.discovery.com/fansites...eogallery.html

http://www.janegoodall.org/news/arti...1&Entry_ID=331

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will definitely set my Tivo to record this. Thank you for sharing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam you will love it!

DH thinks I'm crazy sometimes, but I swear that my cats communicate telepathically....if you watch their facial expressions, you can see them communicating, and then each of them take off through the house..... or they will be staring at me like "duh momma don't you get it?!" trying to tell me something....

I was amazed at everything on this show....especially the wild Orca's, and the rescue dogs from 9/11.....that is what had me bawling. Even the lady & her African gray parrot, who could guess what picture she was looking at from 55 yards away.....

and all of the animals who were telling their owners about the earthquake....

animals are simply genious, way smarter than we give them credit for!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Pam you will love it!

DH thinks I'm crazy sometimes, but I swear that my cats communicate telepathically....if you watch their facial expressions, you can see them communicating, and then each of them take off through the house..... or they will be staring at me like "duh momma don't you get it?!" trying to tell me something....

I was amazed at everything on this show....especially the wild Orca's, and the rescue dogs from 9/11.....that is what had me bawling. Even the lady & her African gray parrot, who could guess what picture she was looking at from 55 yards away.....

and all of the animals who were telling their owners about the earthquake....

animals are simply genious, way smarter than we give them credit for!
Jim always thinks Im crazy about the cats. But I have proven it to him that they do understand.

All of mine, communicate with me on some level. Easy has a way of coming to me and putting her paw on my leg, which means she wants me to follow her. And I do, and she keeps looking behind her, to me, to make sure Im following. And she always leads me to her food dish that needs a refill of wet food.

I tell Jim all the time, "Just tell Tino you want to pet his belly" and when Jim says it, Tino will roll over.

Or I will say, "Ducky, tell Jim that you really dont like him" and Ducky will say "meooooooooowwwwww"

I ALWAYS ask Easy, "Are you happy baby?" (because she was a pregnant stray and I didnt know where she came from and if she missed it or even if she wanted me to keep all of her baby's). She will give me this tiny little lick that is so soft and give me eye blinks

I can go on and on ........ I KNOW they can communicate.

I cant wait to watch it!!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I ALWAYS ask Easy, "Are you happy baby?" (because she was a pregnant stray and I didnt know where she came from and if she missed it or even if she wanted me to keep all of her baby's). She will give me this tiny little lick that is so soft and give me eye blinks
Have you ever read the book "So you think you know about cats?" I am reading it now....one of the signs that cats show you they love you/feel completely safe with you, is long eye blinks....or batting their eyelashes as my DH likes to call it...."look hon, she's batting her eyelashes at me!"
It says that closing their eyes that way is proving that they know they are content & safe, where in the wild/streets they would always be on alert....doens't that make you feel all warm & gushy inside?!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Have you ever read the book "So you think you know about cats?" I am reading it now....one of the signs that cats show you they love you/feel completely safe with you, is long eye blinks....or batting their eyelashes as my DH likes to call it...."look hon, she's batting her eyelashes at me!"
It says that closing their eyes that way is proving that they know they are content & safe, where in the wild/streets they would always be on alert....doens't that make you feel all warm & gushy inside?!
I havent read that, but I will pick it up and read it now. Yes my babys always make me feel warm and gushy inside. Thats another reason Jim thinks Im crazy!

That is sooooooooo sweet "look hon, she's batting her eyelashes at me"

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I havent read that, but I will pick it up and read it now. Yes my babys always make me feel warm and gushy inside. Thats another reason Jim thinks Im crazy!

That is sooooooooo sweet "look hon, she's batting her eyelashes at me"
well, I don't know if I'd call it sweet, my DH thinks LuckyGirl's in love with him....sometimes I'd even agree with him!

You shoulda hear him before she got spayed.... "ummm, hun?! why does she keep putting her back end up in the air at me?!"
It was her 1st heat....that's when I thought, oh goodness, I better take her in soon!!!