Just feeling... blah

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear, this just isn't my month!
I have been back home this past week for Christmas with my family. I came back to our apartment today because I need to start looking for jobs again since I haven't heard back from the Hospital and I'm getting really stressed/depressed, all that stuff... so I come home to John and the kitties today to find messy house, which really started it all. He didn't even clean up his messes!
So before he heads to bed, I ask him if we can do something tomorrow night together since I've been gone for a week - he tells me, 'well, I'm going out.'
I've been gone and going out with your friends is more important?

So here I am, sitting here crying, wishing I would have stayed home with my family. I didn't even want to come back, sometimes I wish I lived a bit closer to my family -I always feel so good when I'm back home with them. I'm just getting super depressed with this whole job thing, and I guess him saying that really set me off.

I just needed to vent a little, I know you guys all understand...

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry your having a bad month! Any time I go over and spend time with my family at home I wish I could stay forever. Its just like being a kid again and not having to worry about anything really. The feeling like my mom and dad will take care of everything instead of me trying to figure it out on my own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Sorry your having a bad month! Any time I go over and spend time with my family at home I wish I could stay forever. Its just like being a kid again and not having to worry about anything really. The feeling like my mom and dad will take care of everything instead of me trying to figure it out on my own.
Thats part of it... I just feel safe when I'm home, like everythings okay and I'm where I should be. I come back here and I just cry... and cry, wishing I was back there, cuz nothing ever goes right while I'm here - its back to the job searching and messes at home

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww sweetie, I hope that things get better for you real soon! Things have been crappy here too. Let me know if you need someone to yell at ok?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Aww sweetie, I hope that things get better for you real soon! Things have been crappy here too. Let me know if you need someone to yell at ok?
Thanks.... I was hoping things would be getting better after the holidays... lets hope they do cuz I can't take much more of this

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i bet once the holidays are over, and you get back to work you will feel much better. Until then hang in there.
and play with the boys.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I know the feeling...of missing home and being without a job. Hang in there, things will perk up soon! And in the meantime, we're here for ya too!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz I really know the feeling. Life really sucks sometimes. Put on some music clean up your house and then just spend the day relaxing in the tub or reading a good book. Forget about your home problems for one day. Then get back to the grind of daily life.

Sometimes I wonder why I wanted to grow up so fast when I was a kid. Now I just want to be a kid with no worries again.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been there too, one thing I've found that helps me out when I get down about life is the quote: “One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.â€
one day at a time, that's all you can do

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz
I always feel the same when spending time with family too, and the holidays just make it worse

Hang in there, and everything will work out, in the mean time, take your frustrations out on the housework, then pamper yourself with a long relaxing bath, some you time and snuggles with the kitties.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Mackenzie I am so sorry you are feeling down

John should get off hiss butt and clean up after himself IMO. Its not a huge thing but it would have made coming home so much easier for you, and he should know that.
I hate when guys dont think about things.
I am hoping you'll get lucky and find a job early in the new year. The perfect job will come along I am sure
:hugs;

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz, I would have had a fit too. There is no reason you should have to come home to a big mess........and as for him wanting to go out with his friends, tell him fine. Whatever......then take everyone elses advice......pamper yourself.......love on your boys, and think about what you really want out of your future.........it will all fall into place, I promise!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I know the feeling of coming home to a messy house. Whenever I go on vacation, the cats litter doesn't get cleaned or scooped. So if I'm gone for a weekend, that's one thing...a week...well I just feel bad for the cats...

Anyhoo, chin up, it's almost the new year and just remember this new year = new budget = businesses made room to hire.

good luck over the next few days.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MacKenzie
I completely get where your coming from.... stress! Some days it would be easier to just stay in bed!
Do you want me to come up there and give John a swift kick in his clueless you know what?!
Guys are so oblivious sometimes....I'm sure this never would've bothered you if you hadn't been going through all of this other stress right now. Is it too much for them to just know when to baby us? Or when we need a little reassurance?!
I am sure everyhting will be ok in the long run....maybe you need to show John your vulnerability right now....and tell him that you just need to be held a little & told that everything will be ok.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.... I was feeling a bit better this morning until I checked the mail.

I got a letter from the Hospital saying I didn't get the job

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I've been there too, one thing I've found that helps me out when I get down about life is the quote: “One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.â€
one day at a time, that's all you can do
Thats my motto, although alot of people cant live like that!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thanks everyone.... I was feeling a bit better this morning until I checked the mail.

I got a letter from the Hospital saying I didn't get the job
I am sorry Kenz! Everything will work out. The right job will come along soon. Hang in there girl!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am sorry Kenz! Everything will work out. The right job will come along soon. Hang in there girl!!
I hope so... I saw the letter from them in the mail and instantly knew... I opened it up and I just started bawling, I've never in my whole life wanted something as bad as I wanted this job... I hope something better comes along.... I really do.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw Kenz, I'm sorry your having a rough time. It seems like alot of us are lately..It sucks you didn't get that job, but that just means something better is out there waiting for you

Soon, it will be a brand new year, and you can start fresh in a positive way!!