Mom is gone...

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had my last visit with my mom.......Saturday bright and early she, my sister Carol and brother in law leave for TN.........she will be moving in with them for good...........oh my how I'll miss her........I feel very lonely right now.......Jerry is at the firestation and as much as I love him, I think it's for the best.......I need this time alone.....I know she'll be so much happier living with someone than alone, having someone to look after her, go places with, etc.......but still. I'm so used to having her here, and now she'll be a 9 hour car drive away instead of one...........

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my Mom moved to Alaska I felt the same way. I know how hard this must be for you. Just know that you aren't alone you have people here, and your Mom is just a phone call away.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart did a stand still when I saw the title.
I thought you meant something else.
I'm sorry she had to move.But, hopefully you'll get to visit her and she you often!!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im sorry she had to move. It is tough not having your mom nearby! I thought you were saying she had died!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

I'm sorry she had to move.But, hopefully you'll get to visit her and she you often!!!
Geez, Susie, could you please just scare the **** out of me next time????

I know it'll be hard, but her being happy and well taken care of is important.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I *think* she wanted to scare the **** out of us.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now, that I'm over that scare you gave us, Susie...

I know the change is hard for you, but it sounds like it will be good for your mother and she'll still be part of your life. Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I *think* she wanted to scare the **** out of us.
I might have to use her
on her if she tries that crap again. My
can't handle such things this time of nite....

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susie, I know this is difficult for you, but she isn't "gone". She's further away, but she isn't gone for good. You can still call and chat with her, exchange emails (if she's tech saavy), and still have face to face visits too. The face to face time won't be as often as you're used to, but you can also make sure that every time you do see her that it is really a special time for both of you.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Sooz. Don't do that to us.

Being at a distance from aging parents is never easy. Been there. Done that. Threw away the T-shirt.

Burn up the phone lines, Sooz. It's cheap these days. And thank your sister often for the watchful eye and all the day-to-day "stuff". She will have her frustrating days, and she will need to unload -- be there for her. I've been on both sides of the equation -- neither of them is easy.

Ok, lecture over. Sorry if I came on strong.
I know you're going to miss your Mom terribly, but you can still talk and visit.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Oh my gosh I thought you were going to say she had died.
Me too. You also scared the you-know-what out of me. She isn't gone, you can still talk to her and visit her, even if it is nine hours away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First off, let me apologize for the title..........that's how I was feeling, and just worded it that way. Your all right.........I had one friend here say that they'd give anything to be in my shoes and have thier mom alive and well 2 states away.........she lost hers 4 years ago.........so it is in how I look at it.
Sorry I didn't repond sonner, but just thought it best that I went to bed.......

Thanks for the support my TCS family...........