co-workers

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I depise mine with a passion! well except one who is actually very nice.

You got one who I am always arguing with, why? because he is the most sexist pig on the planet, complaints fall on deaf ears about him, and although i'm not womens lib and will laugh at woman jokes, and men jokes too he is disgustingly nasty. He thinks all women are good for is reproducing and then they should be banished, or be back scrubbing the floors because " thats all we are good for" so i say to him, you have 3 daughters, is that how you would want their future husbands to think about them! and he just says " except them" and says we are thick etc, Well I am not the brainiest person in the world, but I am certainly not thick! and I will never let these arguments go because I think he is disgusting, so will always argue back.

Then there is this guy who stinks, not just a bit of body odour but makes us gag! he stinks of poop, not because he has pooped himself, but because he is so unhygenic it all piles up, he doesn't have a medical condition and when people have spoke to him about it, he just says he likes his own smell, fair enough but we don't! why should we have to literally gag because he refuses to care for himself.

Then lastly theres this woman, always always sulking if she doesn't get her own way, she talks to you like you are a piece of poop, she is the boss ex girlfreind and still loves him though they split years and years ago and he doesn't want to get back with her, so always gets her own way, and that's because he says it keeps the peace, yet if it dont go her way she has this face on, and that is a face that could sink a ship for sure! Then we get the crocodile tears when we don't tolerate her, so she can go running to the boss and blame it all on us!

I'm sick of all the arguments, ok I contribute because that guy is an ass for sure, but I just want to go to work, have a laugh and get on with it, not come home feeling depressed because they've all stressed me out, I'm getting to the stage where I just don't want to get up in the mornings and see them all, and soon I can feel myself flipping big time and will probably be sacked! talking calmly just does not work, any ideas?

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ashleigh

he just says he likes his own smell, fair enough but we don't!
I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give you, but that line made me
because I also have a co-worker who absolutely does not bathe or wash his clothes on a regular basis (if ever). It's so disgusting you can smell him 20 minutes after he's walked by.

It's amazing to me that some people are oblivious (or just don't care) about their personal appearance.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think most places have at least one person who stinks, because weve got one as well. How his wife doesn't say anything about his underarm BO is beyond me, and she's a nurse!. He seems to be proud of the fact that he smells as well because he'll openly admit he never uses deodorant and it's a "manly" smell

I wouldn't rise to the bait on the sexist co worker, because if you ask me he knows what buttons to press to get you wound up, and people like that i never even converse with. Theres one bloke in our office who's a know it all and a liar, and he really annoys some of the others, especially when he's lied about anything to do with work. He tries to make small talk with me but i seriously can't be bothered with him and i told him so at the office christmas party 2 years ago. I looked him straight in the eyes and said " Graham, all i have in common with you is work, so only speak to me if it's something to do with a job and nothing else ".

He's that stupid though he still won't go away!.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried taking the sexist guy aside and letting him know without anger that his comments bother you and other women in the office?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like most of the people I work with, I have taken a new approach with some of them too, when they pi$$ me off, I just ignore them.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that stinks! Unfortunately there is always one "annoying" person in the office.

The sexist pig though...I would look into laws and sexual harassment. If management doesn't do anything about it, start collecting his sexist emails that he sends to you or anything he gives you in writing.

You may be able to get this guy to shut up by consulting a lawyer and threatening a lawsuit for harassment.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did you stop and think , that maybe the guy that is pissing you off. Is just doing it cause he is bored and you are willing to play along with him.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You got one who I am always arguing with, why? because he is the most sexist pig on the planet, complaints fall on deaf ears about him, and although i'm not womens lib and will laugh at woman jokes, and men jokes too he is disgustingly nasty. He thinks all women are good for is reproducing and then they should be banished, or be back scrubbing the floors because " thats all we are good for" so i say to him, you have 3 daughters, is that how you would want their future husbands to think about them! and he just says " except them" and says we are thick etc, Well I am not the brainiest person in the world, but I am certainly not thick! and I will never let these arguments go because I think he is disgusting, so will always argue back.
Gather anything in writing. GO to human resources. If they don't take action go to a lawyer & now you can go after your employeer.

Then there is this guy who stinks, not just a bit of body odour but makes us gag! he stinks of poop, not because he has pooped himself, but because he is so unhygenic it all piles up, he doesn't have a medical condition and when people have spoke to him about it, he just says he likes his own smell, fair enough but we don't! why should we have to literally gag because he refuses to care for himself.
If you work with the public get they to complain in writing without anyone knowing. Otherwise HR is stuck on this one.

Then lastly theres this woman, always always sulking if she doesn't get her own way, she talks to you like you are a piece of poop, she is the boss ex girlfreind and still loves him though they split years and years ago and he doesn't want to get back with her, so always gets her own way, and that's because he says it keeps the peace, yet if it dont go her way she has this face on, and that is a face that could sink a ship for sure! Then we get the crocodile tears when we don't tolerate her, so she can go running to the boss and blame it all on us!
Talk to your boss again. This is unfair & hostile working environment. You might be able to go on leave due to this IF you can prove it is stressful.

I'm sick of all the arguments, ok I contribute because that guy is an ass for sure, but I just want to go to work, have a laugh and get on with it, not come home feeling depressed because they've all stressed me out, I'm getting to the stage where I just don't want to get up in the mornings and see them all, and soon I can feel myself flipping big time and will probably be sacked! talking calmly just does not work, any ideas?
I have been in your shoes several years ago. I didn't do a thing. I was stuck b/c my company favored men esp my boss. Oh they tried to fire me over some stuff b/c just like you I get into it with some of them. Best part was I had it in writing when I talked to upper management and how they ignored me. Eventually 2/3 were transferred. My bosses g/f was stuck with me but we got along after that. Good luck to you. Hang in there!!! Hugs

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow, quite a situation! Where do you work or what kind of business are you in?

I thought I had it bad! Compared to that I dont! I just wish my coworkers would actually work, so I wouldnt have to do the job of 20 pp.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments, shall take it all on board, the sexist pig doesn't put anything in writing it's all by his big gob, just amazes me that he has daughters and thinks of women this way, and I guess some of you are right, I am giving him all the ammo to carry on, so think I'll do what Susan did and tell him unless its work related not to speak to me.

I guess I have always stuck up for myself and more so others, and where nobody will say anything, I just cannot stop myself, so I will try and control that.
I just love to laugh, and in my last job there was alot of it, it made the day much more pleasent, and the work seem less tedious with all the banter.